Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

name change

Community Guru
Riri A Member Since: Jul 21, 2018
11 of 25

Hi Saima,

I checked your profile and saw that you were able to change your name and photo. Your chosen payment method's account name should match your Upwork account name. Otherwise, you will be unable to withdraw the money to your account. You  may check these other payment method options to see which is the right fit for your setup. Let me know if there's anything else. 

~ Riri
Sangeetha M Member Since: Jun 8, 2017
12 of 25

HELLO,

I have used my nick name on upwork but in my bank details I have different so I went to my contact info and I requested to change my name but I didn't get any response.What can I do? How can I change my name on upwork?

Community Leader
Manish G Member Since: Oct 19, 2015
13 of 25

Hi Sangeetha,

You can change your display name on your Profile but you can't change your username.

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
14 of 25

Sangeetha,

I don't see a name change request on your account. Could you please go to Settings> Contact Info and click Edit next to "Account" to request the change?

~ Valeria
Untitled
Mark H Member Since: Oct 28, 2018
15 of 25
Hi,
I used my work name as my profile name but now I want to change it to my real name which is “Muhammad Ali” to match my banking details and to verify my identity.
I requested a name change but recently I got an email that I can’t change my name.
Please let me know what to do as I want to verify my details. I was not familiar with Upwork’s Policy so I used my business name there but now I have to change it in order to verify myself.
Taimoor K Member Since: Dec 1, 2016
16 of 25

taimoor khan is my name on upwork profile but  on side bar freelancer name is tamour khan so when i use my acccout this name is taimoor khan can it  be possible ? Capture1.PNGCarrot1.PNG

Community Guru
Jo-An B Member Since: Aug 2, 2016
17 of 25

Hi Taimoor,

I can see that your name has been updated. Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.

~ Jo-An

Untitled
Prannav D Member Since: Jul 12, 2019
18 of 25

Hi Joan-An-B, I even requested for a change and nothing seems happening even after 48 hours. Please help in solving this.

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
19 of 25

Hi Prannav,

Please allow up to 72 hours for the review to be completed. Once the review is finished our team will reach out to you with the results. Thank you.

Untitled
Maria R Member Since: May 11, 2019
20 of 25

I have set my niece name on uowork as i thought its lucky, but now i want to change it to mine but its not changing and got rejected 2 times is there any solution or i have to make a new account?

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS