🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: name mismatch in linking bank
Page options
alterak11296
Community Member

name mismatch in linking bank

Hi. I'm having a problem with linking my bank account to upwork. My name in bank doesn't have any last name, but Upwork requires me to put a last name. I've tried the method of putting the formal salutation as last name which was suggested by one of the members of Upwork in this community, but apparently it didn't work. Please resolve this issue.
Thanks! 

5 REPLIES 5
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Aakshay,

In cases like this we suggest a user to use a formal salutation in the first name field (like Mr., Mrs, Ms.) and their name in the last name field. That would be unlikely to cause issues with adding your bank account. But, our team will also reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your payment method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I did that, but i had some confusions. Do i have to put the first name a formal salutation and last name my real name in my upwork profile or when i'm adding the details of my bank account? 

Hi Aakshay,

To submit a name change request you will need to go to Settings > Contact Info > and update your name. Once the review of your request is completed our team will reach out to you directly with the results. If something is still confusing, let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Okay, i'll try to change the profile name in the way you suggested, and then will try to link my bank account. But I think the problem would still persist because while linking the bank account, your UI still put last name field as required whereas my bank account doesn't have a last name. 

Hi Aakshay,

Our team has already reached out to you via ticket to assist you further with setting up your payment method. Please refer to the details shared on your ticket. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths