🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: need help regarding Your contract is on h...
Page options
codeitsmart
Community Member

need help regarding Your contract is on hold

today i got an email from upwork support team it is anything problem with my account ? or its just client account ? and for these reason dont i get pending fund which is in "in review"

Your contract is on hold
Hi Abhishek,
We have noticed some possible issues with your contract with **Edited for Community Guidelines** (Exisiting wordpress site design touchup / ID # 22465016).
While we take a closer look, we will need to put your contract on hold temporarily.
Please hold off on working on this contract through Upwork until we give you the all clear. We know this hold is frustrating, but it is essential for the safety of your account and the marketplace. No action is required on your part right now and we will be in touch as soon as possible. Our apologies for the inconvenience.
Thanks,
7 REPLIES 7
petra_r
Community Member

If it happens Friday morning (my time) it almost invariably means the client failed to pay for your hours.

It is on the client's side and all they have to do is pay.

Most of the time it is easily and quickly fixed.

means client' need to pay pending fund which is in review mode . once they made clear it will be all clear right Petra madam ?
so there is nothing worried with my profile or anything ?
But 1/2 weeks ago project got completed . and miletones which is hour basis is in "review mode" so i dont get that payment too ?
can you guide me 

Abhishek G wrote:

means client' need to pay pending fund which is in review mode . once they made clear it will be all clear right

Once the client pays what they owe Upwork, it's going to be fine.

Abhishek G wrote:

so there is nothing worried with my profile or anything ?

Nothing to worry about regarding your profile, no.

Abhishek G wrote:

But 1/2 weeks ago project got completed . and miletones which is hour basis is in "review mode"

Huh? There is no such thing as "milestones which is hour basis" - either it is an hourly job or a milestone based job. Which is it?

If it is an hourly job, did you use the tracker and had good activity levels and meaningful memos which clearly described what you were working on?

everything is tracked we have use time tracker for his job , we have finished what he asked for . infact upwork can see we work those client' job which is taken as a screenshot when i open or activate time tracker . 

Abhishek G wrote:

everything is tracked we have use time tracker for his job , we have finished what he asked for . infact upwork can see we work those client' job which is taken as a screenshot when i open or activate time tracker . 

What about the meaningful work memos and adequate activity levels (you need those in case you client does NOT pay... because only with those would you be covered by the Upwork protection)

Who is "we?"

we actually me sorry i got nerveous now regarding this . we in the sense i . everything worked is tracked and taken screenshot when i work on hour basis .

btw i dont know these meaning im very new in upwork 
"What about the meaningful work memos and adequate activity levels"
how to create work memos or it wil create automatic ?

Abhishek G wrote:

btw i dont know these meaning im very new in upwork
"What about the meaningful work memos and adequate activity levels"
how to create work memos or it wil create automatic ?

To be eligible for protection (if a client fails to pay or disputes) you have to enter meaningful work memos which describe what you are working on. When you start the tracker, there is a field that asks you what you are working on.

Activity levels: Look at your work diary and pay attention to the green bars below the screenshots. Those are your activity levels. They should be high.

activity.png

More info

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths