cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

negative feedback from employer

Highlighted
Petya Y Member Since: Jul 23, 2014
1 of 8
Could you advise how to proceed in case of receiving a negative feedback from a contractor after a good job done? It shows on my profile continuously and makes it impossible to get new assignments. Thanks!
Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
2 of 8
Hi Petya, As you probably already know, there is no way to remove feedback unless you decide to refund. It's good though that you utilized the option of responding to your client's feedback. Don't give up and keep applying to jobs within your skill set and, once you get one, do it brilliantly. Eventually you can bring your rating up. Best of luck!
~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
3 of 8
Thank you very much! I was really helpful.
Highlighted
Beverly L Member Since: Nov 2, 2014
4 of 8

Hi, Petya. Same thing happened to me. I had a 4.9 feedback until I did an editing/proofreading job for one client. She wanted me to use Dropbox, but I was confused about who put what in whose account. She gave me a 3-star rating because I didn't use Dropbox, even though she praised my editng/proofreading skills. I asked her to change the rating and she refused. A real stinker!

In my opinion, if you earned $15.00 or under, I would give the client a complete refund and get rid of the bad rating.

Otherwise, keep taking jobs at lower prices (it stinks, I know). I've been doing that because every small job (where you get a good rating) brings up your rating a fraction. I'm almost at 4.4 and it's been a struggle. 

Good luck and let me know how it goes.  Bev L.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Gillian Michele N Member Since: Mar 15, 2012
5 of 8
You'll be OK, Petya. Potential clients have other information to judge you by. This is why I think that it's important to make mention of your educational background and employment history. I would think that a lot of clients will use common sense and they won't just use 1 review to judge you. As you gain more contracts, that review will drop to the bottom of the page. If you complete other good work then that will out weigh everything. Keep going!
Highlighted
6 of 8
Thank you very much for your support and understanding !
Highlighted
Marieta C Member Since: Mar 3, 2014
7 of 8
Yes, clients have other things to look into before they hire you, but let's face the truth, if they have a choice between you and 5 people with 5 star rating, why would they choose you, given you are all skilled in what you do? If I were you, I'd refund those money (they are just 14$ after all) and get rid off the bad feedback. + The 3 tests you have taken you scored "below average" - those 2 combined, I doubt you will get hired. Better hide the tests and re-take them when you can (making sure you are well prepared before), refund and try to find a new job for a 5star rating. Yes, you might have done a good job, but it doesnt matter, because all clients see is a bad feedback. Sometimes clients do this on purpose- so you will refund their money, so if this is the case, report them, and if they continue doing that with other freelancers, they will be punsihed sooner or later.
Highlighted
Community Guru
Gillian Michele N Member Since: Mar 15, 2012
8 of 8
Petya isn't the first person to receive negative feedback. I've seen plenty of freelancers on here who get hired anyway. If she had multiple negative reviews, then that would be a different case. I'm not really in agreement that freelancers should issue a refund in order to remove feedback, we don't really know how long Petya worked on this task. I do agree that freelancers should display tests with higher scores though and remove below average tests.
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS