cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new high-fangled laptop and my upwork timer

Community Guru
Mariska P Member Since: Apr 27, 2015
1 of 9

You would think this would be a marriage made in heaven...(have no idea why i continue to use these old lines when I never use them in real life, but whatever..) 

But it's not. 

Upwork time tracker decided that it doesn't want to work. I try to sign in on my touch screen and it sits there like cat you're trying to train to bark. I attach a mouse to click and then I'm able to type no problem. I click log in, and it sits there again like a dog you're playing fetch with who isn't interested in sticks. 

Last night I went into my notification area to right click on the icon and click, start and stop tracking. Today, I can't even do that. 

Yes, I'm uninstalled and reinstalled. Yes I've cursed. Yes. I've restarted the laptop. No I don't have any program that isn't allowing me to access my sign in to this little d*vil. 

I wouldn't be so miffed except for the fact that I'm trying to complete my work for the week. 

No I don't want to use my other laptop. That one sucks. 

Anyone have any bugs with this crazy thing? (I'm thinking of George and Jane Jetson right about now)

Anyone have a fix or this really annoying technological dream? 

Community Guru
Setu M Member Since: Jan 26, 2014
2 of 9
You can try the previous (old) version, just to get you through the weekend, until help arrives.
---- easy like Sunday morning ----
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
3 of 9

Hi Mariska,

I am sorry you are experiencing issues with the Team App. Uninstalling the App, restarting the computer and then installing the App again usually works in such situations. You can also check out this help article to troubleshoot the App. If nothing helps, please submit a ticket with more details about your operation system.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
4 of 9

Thanks Valeria, but considering I did all that I guess I'll have to set up a ticket so that I don't get as frustrated hearing the same thing as I told a csr i just did. Smiley Happy 

Community Guru
5 of 9

Hi Valerie, 

Now I have a new issue. Has anyone had this one yet?

My timer is possessed and apparently a work a holic. 

I know I stop the timer. I stop it when I'm done working. Timer isn't done working and turns itself back on thereby recording me watching some silly you tube vid, or working on a draft of something, or playing scrabble. Good thing I caught it the 2 times this has happened so far. 

I was using the odesk app, courtesy of rec'ving the link for the old one, but though, you know what? I kind of did like the exact time I saw showing, never worrying that 30 minutes was really less than 30 minutes. So I giver a whirl and it plays with my mind. Not cool timer.. not cool. 

Is this a glitch in the app or is my particular app (and it doesn't matter how many times I uninstall and do another install) ........................possessed. 

6 of 9

Hi Mariska,

Just to clarify, you have the old oDesk Team App installed on your computer? Did you uninstall the new Upwork Team Up? Are you sure neither of them were tracking time?

Sorry about the confusion.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
7 of 9

Hi Valerie!

I didn't have both of them installed at the same time. Once I get fed up with the one, it's obliterated from my system. Then I install the new and improved one (or the old one). 

It's only happening with the new one. I'm like a babysitter making sure a baby doesn't stick a fork in the socket! lol. 

I've got it running now because I like the up to the minute time but it's stressful no knowing when it's going to prank me. If i'm not careful, it will start on its own and who knows what type of things I'm viewing on my screen. Smiley Wink Well, nothing really that bad, just my email, or google search or coronation street but still. i don't want to forget and then have my client see their time is being used for play when it wasn't intended to be used for that on my part. 

8 of 9

Mariska, if it happens again and you notice that the screenshots are taken even though you turned the tracking off, could you please send a support ticket through the App. Just click on your name at the bottom of the App and select Contact Support.

Thank you!

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
Oreofe J Member Since: May 8, 2015
9 of 9

Dear Mariska,

So sorry to hear about the challenges (techies might never call it otherwise) you are having.

I will go with Setu's advise on this - for the interim.

There is a popular saying in some parts - ' Ti waju o ba  se lo , Eyin a se pada si'.

Loosely translated - 'If it becomes impossible to forge ahead , backtracking might just be a welcome option.'

My sanity has been saved by following this maxim  more than I care to remember.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS