cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new shutter sound with time tracker how to stop it

Christine M Member Since: Feb 20, 2015
1 of 13

I had to reboot my computer yesterday and when i logged back in to time tracker for a client and it started doing the snapshots i could hear shutter sounds like when you take it off a real camera. this is driving me nuts. I went to the settings and turned off all things that might make this sound but still keep the snapshots active and nope that didn't fix it is this something new with the tracker that came in with the last update? 

It is very annoying and I want it gone. besides turning off my sound during work this is driving me nuts.

Community Leader
Abderrazzak B Member Since: Mar 23, 2017
2 of 13

Hi. can you please verify this is off, and not "ON" as it looks like on this screenshot:

+you can upload a different sound that you like more, or an empty 'recording' that is a trick I might use if none of those options worked Cat Tongue

sccp.PNG

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
3 of 13

I tried a little chirpy birdie Smiley Very Happy

Ferdinand B Member Since: Jun 20, 2019
4 of 13

what audio format did you use? i tried many formats like mp3, avi, mov, wmv but can't use it

Community Guru
Steven E. L Member Since: May 5, 2015
5 of 13

Ferdinand B wrote:

what audio format did you use? i tried many formats like mp3, avi, mov, wmv but can't use it

screenshot_captured.wav

It doesn't always work, especially when using the time tracker on multiple computers. I suspect the file is not saved in the program settings, rather it uses an absolute path to the original file location. Which will vary from one computer to the next. The best bet is to save the audio clip inside the same folder as the "upwork.exe" file.

Furthermore, the option toggle randomly resets after automatic forced updates.

It's a nifty feature which lacks proper implementation, much like the rest of the platform.

Community Guru
Steven E. L Member Since: May 5, 2015
6 of 13

Steven E. L wrote:

It doesn't always work, especially when using the time tracker on multiple computers. I suspect the file is not saved in the program settings, rather it uses an absolute path to the original file location. Which will vary from one computer to the next. The best bet is to save the audio clip inside the same folder as the "upwork.exe" file.

Furthermore, the option toggle randomly resets after automatic forced updates.

It's a nifty feature which lacks proper implementation, much like the rest of the platform.

Hell, now it the custom audio file doesn't even persist through a single reboot. The feature-hyphen-bug is flat out broken again pursuant to another forced time tracker update.

Three regular-normal-not-super-fancy reboots (don't dare tell me to clear cookies and cache) and three separate trips to the options menu after every reboot to reset the sound file which is saved in the default directory with the main upwork.exe file didn't resolve the issue.

Thanks ... /sigh

Community Manager
Aleksandar D Community Manager Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
7 of 13

Hi Steven,

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us! I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. I'll be sure to pass your suggestion to our product team.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Ferdinand B Member Since: Jun 20, 2019
8 of 13

i tried to change the screenshot sound but it's not working.

may i know what audio format is supported?

Pavla H Member Since: Jul 28, 2018
9 of 13

Hi,

I don't like the new shutter sound which greatly reminds me of the dust bin being emptied, but I am unable to load my own preferred sound (I do like the idea of such kind of notification). Any idea how to do it? No file extension works... As I can see in this thread, I am not the only one so it must be something systemical.... If there was not the direct prompt to try one own's sound, it would leave me "indifferent" but since the prompt is there, inviting us to upload custom sound,  it kind of itches to see it doesn't work... 

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
10 of 13

Hi Pavla, 

Before I proceed, could you please confirm the file extension/type you are using so that I can share this with the team? Also, were there any  error notifications when you were trying to upload your customer sound?

-Avery
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS