cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no feedback given

Highlighted
Marta S Member Since: Apr 1, 2015
1 of 12

I've recently had a not-so-pleasant job experience and I am afraid the client will want to give me a bad feedback.

However - when you look at various job posts - in the 'work history and client feedback' section you can often see the "No feedback given" thing, both from a contractor to a client and the other way round. How is this achieved? Should I ask the client not to give me feedback? And how do I know they actually do that?

Highlighted
Community Guru
William H Member Since: Dec 2, 2013
2 of 12

As a freelancer you can hide the written feedback from the client, but not the score. And it would be unprofessional to ask the client not to leave feedback (just like it would be unprofessional for the client to ask you to not leave feedback). Depending on the situation, it might drive the client to leave you even worse feedback. You'll just have to hope that their evaluation is fair (of course depending on the work completed, etc.).

Highlighted
Community Guru
Katrina B Member Since: Jan 9, 2011
3 of 12

I may be wrong and maybe a moderator can correct me, but I believe you can no longer hide the written feedback.  You used to be able to, but I think they cut that out a few months ago.

"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"
Highlighted
Elaine H Member Since: Jun 10, 2015
4 of 12

I believe you are correct, Katrina B. As I understand it, the only way to remove feedback is NOT to accept payment from the client. For closed contracts, the only way is to REFUND the client's payment to you. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jean S Member Since: Oct 22, 2007
5 of 12

I ask clients all the time to leave feedback. Why would I not do this??

I simply tell them that feedback is important to me and to them and that I'll be leaving them 5*  feedback...if that's the case. I tell them how feedback helps them to get better applicants and helps me to get good clients like them.

What's wrong about that?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Suzanne N Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
6 of 12

I believe Katrina is right about you cannot hide feedback any longer, but a mod would have to answer that. I see nothing wrong with asking for feedback. The issue is when people are using feedback as blackmail. 

One of the reasons so many people don't have feedback at all is they did not explain about feedback. I don't think there is anything wrong with politely asking if they would mind leaving feedback. Now if you were demanding or insisting on a 5 star I think this is wrong.

I would suggest asking nicely if they could leave feedback as they see fit on my performance of the job. To me there is nothing wrong with asking nicely.

Highlighted
Marta S Member Since: Apr 1, 2015
7 of 12

The thing is, I'd rather the client didn't give me any feedback. And I don't want to give them feedback.  Is it somehow possible?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jean S Member Since: Oct 22, 2007
8 of 12

No

Highlighted
Community Guru
William H Member Since: Dec 2, 2013
9 of 12

Ok, perhaps we can't hide written feedback anymore?

As per no feedback, it would seem the only way is for you to reimburse the client and in effect cancel the job...unless someone wants to correct me...? Smiley Wink

PS that can be harmful over the long run for your job success though...

Highlighted
Jean D Member Since: May 9, 2010
10 of 12

You definitely can't hide feedback any more but  on the client's feedback what you can do is click on the "reply to this feedback" or whatever the terminology is and put your side of the story.  I hope this still exists as I have definitely seen profiles over the last few months where contractors have done this.

As far as no feedback is concerned I have no idea how this affects your job success score.  I always ask my clients to leave me feedback and so far they have.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS