Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no notification for unread messages...again

l_miguez
Ace Contributor
Linda M Member Since: Sep 18, 2011
11 of 21

Hi,

I have also been having that problem.  Upwork notification system is not sending emails to let me know when I have a message, job offer or anything else.  It used to work up until about three months ago.  I have given up trying to fiddle around with my settings.

In fact, I've been having trouble in the last few days with the message system itself.  I click on a message and sometimes it doesn't come up right away or it brings another person's message up instead.  I thought it was me but this is happened on three or four different devices that I have logged on with.

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
12 of 21

Hi Linda,

Could you please check your spam/junk mail to make sure Upwork messages aren't getting blocked by your email system and sent there? 

~ Valeria
Upwork
browersr
Community Guru
Scott B Member Since: Nov 20, 2015
13 of 21

As an additional suggestion.  UW does not always properly interpret when you are off-line or idle.  As mentioned by Valeria above, there is the option to only send notifications when you are off-line or idle.  I used to use that setting but in recent months I discovered many notifications not sent.  From what I am observing, UW can show you as on-line (green dot) even when you aren't.  This especially true if you just navigated away from the site.  I've seen it show a client as being on-line (green dot) from 2-6 in the morning when I know she was not online.  So again I would suggest having it send you emails for everything and to not use the off-line/idle switch.

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
14 of 21

God bless the person who showed me that you can show offline always. It's awesome.

bc94
Community Guru
Reem H Member Since: Feb 8, 2017
15 of 21
you mean the "Invisible" option ?
lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
16 of 21

yeah, I didn't realize you could go invisible and someone showed me. I always keep my message center tab open, so it was annoying when they could see me online but I didn't want to answer yet for whatever reason.

l_miguez
Ace Contributor
Linda M Member Since: Sep 18, 2011
17 of 21

Hi,

Messages are not filtered to my Spam box. I already checked that before I posted here. I simply do not recieve them anymore. I don't know why and it is rather nnoying.

Oh, and when I was using my tablet over Christmas, I was not seing any notifications whatsoever when I logged onto the site. (Despite there being about 5! .. Didn't see them til I got home and logged on using my laptop.) -  If fact, my response time, thanks to Upwork, is now "3 days" and not "24 hours" because the format I was forced to use on the tablet did not show any job notifications.

Upwork keeps "updating" their system, and I appreciate the security measures, but honestly - leave the messaging system alone!

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
18 of 21

Linda,

I'll forward the information you shared to the team for investigation.

Sorry about the inconvenience.

~ Valeria
Upwork
abd-hannan
abd h Member Since: Nov 6, 2018
19 of 21

I have the same problem.

I stopped get an email when they are new messages, this is annoying because I can't responsive to my client.

btw, I got this problem from 4 days ago, I don't know what is the problem.

Also, I have made sure the notif settings as expected and still not work.

Btw, I am logged in in PC browser, Desktop APP (2 laptops) and Android app.

before these days is normal.

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
20 of 21

Thank you for reporting this Abd,

I've escalated your issue to our team and one of our team members will reach out to you to assist you further.

~ Goran
Upwork
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS