🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » no response from client
Page options
hassaanmahmud
Community Member

no response from client

hello 

i have a non responding client since he posted the job (23rd January 2020) , i submitted the job and i got paid, i have been messaging him since then, but received no response from him. 

will it effect my score, if the job remains open for a longer time?

do i need to ask upwork to contact him on my behalf (if yes what is the process?)

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Hassan M wrote:

i have a non responding client since he posted the job (23rd January 2020) , i submitted the job and i got paid, i have been messaging him since then, but received no response from him. 

Just close it yourself, then. 

Hassan M wrote:

do i need to ask upwork to contact him on my behalf (if yes what is the process?)

it will not affect your score and you absolutely should not ask Upwork to chase after your client for you, unless you want to anger the client....

You asked the same question previously and it was explained to you then. 

As long as you have been paid, there is no issue. It is only an issue if nothing has EVER been paid under a contract and it stays open too long. You can just end the contract yourself.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
petra_r
Community Member

Hassan M wrote:

Just close it yourself, then. 

Hassan M wrote:

it will not affect your score and you absolutely should not ask Upwork to chase after your client for you, unless you want to anger the client....

You asked the same question previously and it was explained to you then. 

As long as you have been paid, there is no issue. It is only an issue if nothing has EVER been paid under a contract and it stays open too long. You can just end the contract yourself.

0d7f65cc
Community Member

Hi Petra!

I am in the same situation.

But this is the first project on Upwork.

Is it possible for me to end this contract myself?

Then how will it affect my account?

Thank you

Andy:

Is is possible to end the contract yourself?
Yes. Freelancers are always to end a contract themselves.

How will it affect your JSS or account?

Nothing negative will happen. You already earned money from this contract. So it won't count against you as a zero-pay contract.

Hello, Petra.

- It is only an issue if nothing has EVER been paid under a contract and it stays open too long.

I'm just in this situation right now, and I don't exactly know what to do to avoid downgrading JSS. 

I have an active milestone and the client had disappeared (about 3+ months). The work I made wasn't approved, because the client just changed her mind about the requirements and expectations.

If there is some good solvation? Thanks.

Fiodar: this is simple.

If you have an open fixed-price contract with any money funded in escrow, and if the client disappeared, then you click the "Submit Work and Request Payment" button.

If you did all the work, then request the full payment.

If you did half of the work, then request half of the payment.

f1085b04
Community Member

I saw a project relating to general virtual assisstant that will be of great benefit to us , who just joined the platform and i bid for it, the client send me the info and gave me a due date which was monday.I've been texting her but I'm yet to hear from her, since sunday and I've submitted the project on the due date to the direct message.

What can i do?

Frankly, this sounds like a scam. No real client describes his job as "beneficial to the freelancer". A real client is focussed on his job and finding the best person for it, not if it benefits the freelancer in any way.

My guess: you have not been hired. You did some typing work. You will be asked to pay a fee. Don't pay that fee. 

f1085b04
Community Member

@Martin P

Thanks so much for your reply, the clients have replied me. There was a misunderstanding but it has been resolved..

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members