Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no time log yet

Highlighted
Jhonna U Member Since: Jan 17, 2015
1 of 9

Hi, Im a freelancer here in odesk, regarding on my client

**edited for Community Guidelines**

I have a new work from mr Jake, but I told him that how can I start on my hourly work,
if there no time log yet... and I would like to ask that he only rate me of $0.59 although I already change my hourly rate as $3.33 as my hourly rate.

But Mr.Jake promise me to give Bonus every end of the month when he pay me as $0.59.
now he indicate
Contact odesk support/ help as I don't know what is wrong at this point.Like I said carry on working and in a  break period contact odesk support to resolve the issue .
Please help us to make my work for him to be continue.

Thanks,
Jhonna Ulang

Community Guru
Stephen B Member Since: Dec 4, 2012
2 of 9

Are you saying you contacted support?  If so, good. If not, you need to do so. That's what they're there for.  Not everything can be dealt with on the forum.

Community Guru
Ronald T Member Since: Sep 14, 2009
3 of 9

Yep, like SB suggested, contact oDesk Support via the oDesk Help Center https://support.odesk.com/

Best of luck!

Community Guru
Dianne M Member Since: Jul 25, 2013
4 of 9

I don't get why you would work for $0.59/hr. Internet and electricity plus hardware wear and tear costs more than that.

❄❄❄ Just A Forum Contributor --- This isn't against forum guidelines ❄❄❄
Community Guru
Ronald T Member Since: Sep 14, 2009
5 of 9

I caught that too, working for $0.59/hr. I thought the minimum hourly rate allowed on oDesk is $3.00 per hour.

6 of 9

yes,.. thats why i need help

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
BEST ANSWER
7 of 9

Hi Jhonna,

It looks like you had a contract with this client before November 19, 2014 for less than $3/hour. So the client would still be able to hire you at lower rate. You can try and discuss it with him further and come to a mutual agreement about raising the rate.

Best of luck!

~ Valeria
Untitled
8 of 9

already discuss my newly rate as $3.00 but my client told me that I also contact on odesk community on this. now I want help from odesk personnel.

Community Guru
Dianne M Member Since: Jul 25, 2013
9 of 9

So your client wants to hire you for a few cents an hour.

Question is, why are you so keen on working with him for that amount? If he insists on that amount and even asks you to contact support so he can hire you for that, and you're still willing to work with him, then something is wrong with your business model.

You'd make more and save more by simply watching TV.

Your time, internet, computer, skill, and electric bill is certainly worth more than $0.59 an hour.

Have some self respect girl!

I know how things are in the Philippines (where you're from) but you are not really earning anything at a rate of $0.59/hr. That's the same rental rate for a computer at a dingy dial-up computer cafe. Surely your time has some worth too?

I'd ditch that client if I were you. 

❄❄❄ Just A Forum Contributor --- This isn't against forum guidelines ❄❄❄
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS