🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » not enough connects to submit proposal??
Page options
adinestahn
Community Member

not enough connects to submit proposal??

I want to submit a proposal for a job that says no connects are required but when I try to submit it tells me I don't have enough connects to do that and should buy some. so I bought 10 and have 30 in my account now. I tried again but still same thing happens. help!?

10 REPLIES 10
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Adine, 

Could you please try clearing your cookies, or using a different browser to see if the issue persists? 

~ Avery
Upwork

tried both, still the same :(((

Hi Adine,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with submitting a proposal. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi, I have the same issue. 
Also, I have connects available in my account but when I want to submit a proposal is says  "Insufficient connects to submit proposal for the job".
How I can solve this?
Thank you for your support.

Hi Artashes,

I checked and it seems that you are an exclusive member of the agency. As an exclusive member, you can only work and submit proposals from the agency. You are getting the error as the agency's Connects balance is 0.

As upgrading to Agency Plus membership is needed to be able to purchase Connects, you can now buy them by the bundle, as follows:

• 10 for $1.50
  • 20 for $3
  • 40 for $6
  • 60 for $9
  • 80 for $12

You can also update your status to Non-Exclusive member and submit proposals from your freelancer's profile too. To update your status, please switch to your agency profile and go to Settings > Members & Permissions. On the page, you should be able to see a link saying 'Exclusive' as shown in this screenshot. Click on it and a popup will open. From there, you can update the status by selecting 'Non-Exclusive' in the 'Agency Freelancer' dropdown as shown in this screenshot.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
38a7504c
Community Member

• Screenshot_20220519-193614.png

 

Facing same challenge here. And I'm new on upwork, everything seems updown. Pls someone show me, since I've a skill

Hi Anayochukwu,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked your account and saw that you only have 1 Connect left whereas the job you're applying for requires 4 Connects. In order for you to submit a proposal, you'll have to purchase more Connects or earn free Connects from the previous proposal that you have submitted by being invited to an interview with a client.

To understand how Connects work, you may refer to this help article.

~ AJ
Upwork

How to get it right when applying for a job?

Click on the link to the Academy at the top of the page. You are at high risk of being scammed because you don't know the rules. After you learn the rules, start over with your profile. You are wasting the first line, which is all the client sees in a search. Use it to sell your skills and tell the client why you can do the job better than anyone else.

Read all the Upwork resources before you even look at jobs. Then read this excellent advice from Wes. You have to protect yourself, and the best way to do that is by having marketable skills, and an excellent profile.

tduncombe
Community Member

Hi Annie - I have 89 connects left and I'm getting this message. Can you assist?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths