🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » not getting any job
Page options
r88tbox
Community Member

not getting any job

Hello everyone,

I'm just wondoring how to get some work here, because i submitted 9 proposals and there is no reply i don't know why..

if anyone can explain or give me some tips how to correctly get a job, that will be great.

sorry for this question but i think there is a lot of freelancers are having the same problems

thank you

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
zoeadel
Community Member

Hi Wassim,

When you start out it can be difficult to stand out in a crowded place, but in my experience, it gets easier and easier.

I am a content writer, and here are some tips that I think worked for me:

• Applying only to jobs that I was literally perfect for.
    • It is a competitive space and if you're not perfect for a job you can assume someone else will do it better. 
    • Find jobs within your niche and apply to them and them only. This will save you a lot of time.

• Send a detailed proposal that is well written
    • Check your spelling and grammar.
    • Read the description properly and reference it in your proposal - especially if they've asked you to write a specific sentence or phrase 
  • Match the clients budget 
    • It may be okay to exceed it a bit, but if a client asks for a job to be done for $300 and you bid $1,000 then you're too expensive for them.
    • Equally if they ask for $300 and you say you will do it for $20 - they may be suspicious of the quality of work you will deliver
  • Complete your profile 100%
    • I can't see your profile, but you need to make sure you've filled out as much as you possibly can
    • Include examples of work from work off Upwork to show you can do what you say you do
    • Include your education and employment history etc etc - like I said complete as much as you can
  • Complete the Upwork readiness test if you haven't already

Those are a few tips that will serve you well! - good luck!!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
zoeadel
Community Member

Hi Wassim,

When you start out it can be difficult to stand out in a crowded place, but in my experience, it gets easier and easier.

I am a content writer, and here are some tips that I think worked for me:

• Applying only to jobs that I was literally perfect for.
    • It is a competitive space and if you're not perfect for a job you can assume someone else will do it better. 
    • Find jobs within your niche and apply to them and them only. This will save you a lot of time.

• Send a detailed proposal that is well written
    • Check your spelling and grammar.
    • Read the description properly and reference it in your proposal - especially if they've asked you to write a specific sentence or phrase 
  • Match the clients budget 
    • It may be okay to exceed it a bit, but if a client asks for a job to be done for $300 and you bid $1,000 then you're too expensive for them.
    • Equally if they ask for $300 and you say you will do it for $20 - they may be suspicious of the quality of work you will deliver
  • Complete your profile 100%
    • I can't see your profile, but you need to make sure you've filled out as much as you possibly can
    • Include examples of work from work off Upwork to show you can do what you say you do
    • Include your education and employment history etc etc - like I said complete as much as you can
  • Complete the Upwork readiness test if you haven't already

Those are a few tips that will serve you well! - good luck!!

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members