🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: notification error every time I log in to...
Page options
sburleigh
Community Member

notification error every time I log in to the laptop I've used to sign into Upwork for 4 years

Hello,

Does anyone have this notification problem?  I signed into Upwork one morning with my iphone and every since.  I get notification error that Upwork no longer recognized the laptop I've used for four years.  I also get an email stating it doesn ot recognize my location or laptop.

"We noticed a recent login to your Upwork account XXXXXX from an unfamiliar location or device. "
Attached are the screen shots.  Notice the "remember this device box is checked.  

Also attached is the notiification I receive which is annoying every time sign in.
Can anyone help?

I tried support, but all they did was change the security on the login where I have to supply a second authentication which does not stop the notifications constantly via email and in the system. I've been with Upwork for 10 years and used the same device for four.  
Thank you for your assistance.

Sylvia

3 REPLIES 3
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sylvia,

I apologize for the inconvenience this caused. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to look into this issue and assist you accordingly.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
sburleigh
Community Member

Hi Everyone,

I'm following up to let everyone know what the outcome was and why I continue to receive security messages to a location I've lived in for the last 4 years and a laptop I've used for the last four years.

They started to appear ever since I tried to access my account through my iphone (also had that phone for the last 5 years and the number for the last 10).

At first I called and was treated suscipisously, even when I told them I have had an account since June 2009.

I gave them my credit card number and paypal, etc.  I'm verified. 

While I understand Upwork cannot know every single contractor,
contractors supply more personal identifying information know more than ever.

I guess Upwork can't tell my why the laptop and the location I work from for the last 4 years is suddenly unrecognizable to them.

They were also unable to tell me why the five-digit code to send via text never arrives to my cell phone either even when I select it.

So I will put up with the notifications arriving every time I log in.  I will also patiently listen to  clients who hire me and tell me they struggle with the platform and decide to leave.  (Belive me it's not because the work I deliver is bad.)

Now shortly, I will listen to another client tell me the same thing. They like my work but find it defficult to work with the client platform of Upwork. 

Since I will continously receive these emails, I guess I'll never be able to dinstinguish when an actual security breach occurs.

It is up to each and every one of us to stay safe.  As contractors you have to the work at it because they may say its safe, but that's not always true.

Thank you for your time.

Hi Sylvia,

Sorry about the delayed response. We were looking into the issue with you receiving "We noticed a recent login to your Upwork account from an unfamiliar location or device" notifications repeatedly. It should now be resolved. If you continue receiving those emails every time you log in, please let us know.
Since you've mentioned not receiving the five-digit code via text, we'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly to check on that.

~ Valeria
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members