Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

oDesk customer care is not as impressive as it was

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Aloke T Member Since: May 5, 2015
41 of 55

It can't get worse - today they reduced my rating to 89% and took away my Top Rated Badge. It is really stupid to have such a blind rating system - I now think that upwork has this system to settle scores with freelancers that don't give them good feedback.

I recently closed contracts where client didn't respond even after several email reminders over several months - why should I be responsbile for poor communication of clients. One of my clients closed a contract with five star feedback and still they took away my badge.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
42 of 55
This job success rate is frustrating. I have all five star feedbacks and they dont show it anywhere in profile. instead clients now see this mysterious success rate %. if a client doesnt give feedback or keeps a job open for months, it should not go against the freelancer. odesk should auto close contracts if they dont like open contracts.
Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
43 of 55

Hi Aloke,

Your star rating for each job and overall star rating are displayed on your public profile. It is still very important, however Job Success score presents a fuller picture of freelancer's performance on the platform as it includes contracts where no money was paid and no feedback left.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Ace Contributor
44 of 55

This job success rating seems like a big scam. I have never received a feedback less than five star and still my job success rate has come down to 89% from 100% in past 3-4 months. The odesk is not even telling me what jobs were unsuccessful. If a client doesn't leave feedback or doesn't communicate after job is completed - that's not my fault. 

Highlighted
Adele W Member Since: Jan 13, 2015
45 of 55

Mine's just gone from 100% to 96% after two 5* contracts from the same client ended, with nothing else having ended since January. I can only assume the client's private feedback differs from their public, but why they would want to publically praise and privately slam me, I don't know. I think it might be like others have suggested on other threads - clients don't always seem to realise the impact of their ratings, and some of them will do things like suggest they wouldn't hire a freelancer again because it's a one off project, rather than because of the quality of the work. It's a flawed system at best.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
46 of 55
I have right to know what jobs did not end successfully so that i can improve. this confidential rating system looks suspicious.
Highlighted
Community Guru
Stephen B Member Since: Dec 4, 2012
47 of 55

Aloke,

good luck with asserting your right there. If you have a day or two without work, search back at the numerous, myriad forum threads on this very subject. The Dark Score is here to stay and will always be kept as a dark Score. It's been suggested that whoever wrote the algorithm died and took the code with them.

Highlighted
Adele W Member Since: Jan 13, 2015
48 of 55

Stephen,

I'm already unfortunately all too aware of the futility of it... I don't know how many more times I can be read the Job Success Score guidelines by the support staff as a response to my queries explicitly challenging said guidelines...

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
49 of 55
Stephen, 'The coder died' theory seems legitimate. Looks like the person who created the chat and email autobot algorithms also passed away.

Regards,
Aloke
Highlighted
Ace Contributor
50 of 55

I now have proof that the Job Success rating system is broken and bogus. Here is screenshot of My Stats page that says I have 100% job success however when a client looks at my profile - he sees 89%.

https://www.upwork.com/users/~01ff10afd406518c56

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS