cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

oDesk has automatically hidden some applicants who may not be a good fit for your job

Highlighted
Community Guru
Gillian Michele N Member Since: Mar 15, 2012
111 of 118
Still annoyed about this 'auto hide' feature. I sent a complaint to customer support and they reckon that none of my applications were hidden within the last 6 months because I choose jobs carefully. I doubt that none of them were hidden. I decided to complain because I noticed for a good while that I wasn't receiving replies to my applications and everything went dead. No doubt some clients don't reply for other reasons, but I've been here a while and notice a pattern. It's hard enough to compete with other freelancers as it is. oDesk, clients are perfectly capable of choosing applicants themselves, things were fine as they were. Many clients have said that the algorithm isn't working as sometimes some of the best candidates are hidden. I'm yet to see anyone on these forums who thinks that this is a good move.
Highlighted
Community Guru
Natacha R Member Since: Aug 2, 2010
112 of 118
I have a very good candidate in the hidden tab, but I can't unhide him, I click unhide but nothing happens, he's stuck in the hidden tab.
Highlighted
Damien E Member Since: Sep 20, 2012
113 of 118
As a client, this is getting frustrating. I recently posted a job and had 0 responses for several days when I viewed the project in my overview page. It wasn't until I went into the actual job that I saw no less than 16 applicants had been hidden! That's 16 out of 16, some of whom were actually well suited for the role and who I went on to interview. oDesk, please make this feature optional because it is making it much harder for clients to sort through qualified applicants and is adding an unnecessary step to the hiring process.
Highlighted
Abdullah A Member Since: Nov 8, 2014
114 of 118

I have same problem, anybody can tell me, this is bug or this is odesk permanent feature 

Highlighted
Jerameel M Member Since: Oct 15, 2011
115 of 118

mine too. I dont have a job interview for a couple of months already. I applied many times but it seems that they cannot see my account.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
116 of 118

@Jerameel M wrote:

mine too. I dont have a job interview for a couple of months already. I applied many times but it seems that they cannot see my account.

Clients see your profile. This is why they don't hire you.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
Highlighted
Jerameel M Member Since: Oct 15, 2011
117 of 118

any wrong with my profile?

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
118 of 118

Jerameel,

All proposals are delivered to the client and are not auto-hidden anymore. The client can access all of them by clicking "Show More."

We have closed this thread for further replies because information on it is outdated. 

~ Valeria
Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS