Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

oDesk major bug and issue - I completely disappeared in job applicant list

Highlighted
Daniel C Member Since: Jan 25, 2015
1 of 10

I have issue with my application in odesk

Because my bid is not showing in client side and clients can't see my bid anywhere

For example, I just applied **edited for Community Guidelines**

As you can see my attachment, I already applied that job and can't find me in applicant list.

I can't get new jobs in odesk now. Smiley Sad

I hope odesk fix this quickly and become more responsive for client's request.

Regards

Daniel

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
2 of 10
Daniel,
This is almost certainly NOT a bug.

*Sometimes* this is caused by a bug that oDesk has struggled with. But that is rare. Sometimes this is caused because oDesk automated algorithms have deemed you and your job application as being too unworthy to appear in the client's applicant list, sometimes relegating you to the auto-hidden list, or sometimes blocking the application entirely, so that there is no way for the client to know you applied. But MOST of the time the symptoms you describe stem from your account being under review, which means that nothing you do will cause your applications to be seen by clients -- until your review is over.

You need to contact customer support and ask briefly (in only one or two sentences!):

"Can you tell me if my account is under review? What should I do?"
Highlighted
Community Guru
Krisztina U Member Since: Aug 7, 2009
3 of 10

Not sure what you base your advice on, Preston, but the bug you describe is certainly not rare. I really wish you would be a little more careful with the advice you're volunteering and at least disclose that that's what you think, but you make it sound as if it's a fact.

Daniel, you disappearing from the list could be for a variety of reasons as Preston mentioned, but there definitely is also a BIG bug with the applications where applicants apply to job A, but client B gets them.

I don't have any jobs open and I received 12 emails from applicants applying to a job (that's not mine) within the past two hours. I am very sure that the client that they were intended for did not receive them.

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
4 of 10

Hi Daniel,

I am sorry about the confusion. I have checked your issue and it doesn't look like you are being affected by any bug. Please, refer to the open support ticket for more information.

Thank you for your patience.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
5 of 10

Hi Valeria,

Thanks fo r your message.

As you can see my profile, I have completed all project successfully and got great feedbacks from clients.

Also can't find me in odesk with search freelancer functions.

I want to know Why this happens to me. I need to know why??????

My request is not high, just want to apply in jobs and see my applicant by client in anywhere(best matched, not matched).

Following is odesk support team reply

"

**edited for Community Guidelines**"

Isn't there any way to fix this, so I have to left odesk??

I am sure many freelancers have same issues like me.

Hope to reply ones having same issues.

(ps... I have checked option "mail me when someone replies" when post message in forum, but didn't get any emails. I think this is also bug

)

Regards

Daniel

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
6 of 10

re: "I have checked option 'mail me when someone replies' when post message in forum, but didn't get any emails. I think this is also bug"

Daniel,

Ah, yes, that one IS a bug. The other thing about your job applications now showing up in applicant lists, is, as you have been told, a feature. It's a feature that many of us don't like, but it is an intentional feature nonetheless, and not a bug.

But the message form email thing? I don't think that's ever worked. We gave up asking about that ages ago.

Highlighted
7 of 10

Thanks for your reply.

So I have to leave odesk???

I think this is bug, not feature.

Why did it make to disappear freelancer that has great feedbacks and scores from clients?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Aseem B Member Since: Dec 20, 2014
8 of 10

The details about "Autohide feature" is given in this thread .

Possible reasons despite of having a good feedback score can be if you are constantly copy pasting your cover letter or if the skills required by the job are not added to your profile.

This feature is hated by many contractors. Mostly because odesk rolled it out without testing. I see that it is improving with time but again I think it is unfair that odesk does not notify the freelancer in advance that his application for certain job will be hidden or at least give him some specific reason/pointer why his applications are being regularly hidden. 

I am surprised that the support representative boldly confesses that "What you are experiencing is part of a current test to help clients narrow down their applicant list" . It is just sad to see that odesk can not manage to have a QA team to test the features before rolling it out. Also the fact that the "Test" is still going on after numerous complaints and almost a whole year when it was first rolled out in feb,2014. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Stephen B Member Since: Dec 4, 2012
9 of 10

It was rolled out well before Feb  2014 as it ruined Christmas 2013 for me...

Highlighted
Rachid Rhyad S Member Since: Nov 23, 2013
10 of 10

Well I have the same problem Smiley Sad

Actually it's a bug and the phone support told me about it (she told me it's a bug due to people that have been under review) so even if you review period is over, the bug is still there.

After many promeses from the support saying that they will fix it ASAP they just turned back acusing me it's related to the new feature while it's not !

Please explain me why my freaking name isn't showing in the applicants lists ! while even for the other freelancers who got into the auto-hidden list their name is still showing on the applicant list (of the job posting !)

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS