cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

oDesk new terms for Fixed Price Contracts

Naman M Member Since: Oct 15, 2012
1 of 2
I noticed oDesk recently changed the terms for the Fixed Price Contracts. I'm not much happy with that and would like to post my feedback on it. Creating Milestones for the work is a great idea but there's need to be an option for Upfront Payment. This recently happened with me that client setup contract and created milestones for the task and funded the money in oDesk but at the completion of the task he said - you work in not upto mark and ended without any reason. They released $50.00 though the first milestone he funded is $150.00. So, all the power comes in the hands of client and we can't even request upfront payment before starting the contract. I understand oDesk Terms for Fixed Price Contract but there needs to be an option where Freelancer can request upfront payment while applying the job so we should be secure for the payments. Is there anyone else who faced the same issue? Post your opinions here.
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
2 of 2
Hi Naman, I am really sorry to hear about this unpleasant situation with your client. I would like to point out though that there is a way to receive an upfront payment on a fixed-price contract of the new type. You basically need to ask your client to release the first milestone as an upfront. I hope this information helps a bit.
~ Valeria
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS