Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

oDesk's bidding on hourly

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Shenan W Member Since: Apr 28, 2012
1 of 2
oDesk has implemented a new system to cut down low bidders.That is great.But you have implemented it randomly.It should be applied to all the contractors.I cannot bid below $4 but the contractor who has bid for $3 has been awarded the job.How is this?oDesk on facebook copy paste a answer for all inquiries related to this.Any moderators here please answer me.Thank you.
Highlighted
Community Guru
Marcia M Member Since: Apr 3, 2013
2 of 2
It looks like they are testing different minimum rates. A fairer way to do this would be to test consecutively, so first the minimum for everyone is $3, then a month later it changes to $2, etc. But that would take more time. I agree that whether you want a minimum or not, the way it is being done now is not fair. It also seems from posts that they are making this retroactive to applying and interviewing, so a freelancer can apply for a job at a $2 an hour rate, the client can interview them, and then when the client tries to offer them the job, they are told they have to raise the rate. I don't think it's right to make the client and freelancer change the terms of an agreement that was already in place.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS