cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

oDesk shouldn't allow new clients to post jobs

e_gan
Elaine G Member Since: Apr 20, 2014
1 of 8
UNTIL their payment has been verified. A shame that many I applied are happy to hire me etc but when I clarify further " I will commence work once your oDesk payment is verified", they scatter away quickly. Most of their jobs interests me much but yet they choose to go with someone else who can accept the risk of not being paid (desperate freelancers?). I can't run this risk, but it does show many of these clients has sneaky motives of never verifying their odesk payment terms to avoid honest payment? I can sense some are honest jobs but perhaps they need the work done urgently. Sigh. That is my recent frustration. Rant over.
rpmacrohon
Community Guru
Reynaldo M Member Since: Aug 4, 2012
2 of 8
[quote=Elaine G.]A shame that many I applied are happy to hire me etc but when I clarify further " I will commence work once your oDesk payment is verified", they scatter away quickly.[/quote] It has happened to me and I am more than happy he disappeared into the dark. I know I won't be scammed. And I simply moved on. Scamming clients and Freelancers will always find a way to work around the system.
marciamalory
Community Guru
Marcia M Member Since: Apr 3, 2013
3 of 8
Is it possible for a client to verify a credit card and then remove the card details from the system? I have accepted interviews for jobs where the client was verified, and then when I looked again later, they weren't. I know this could sometimes be due to the credit card expiring at the same time as I happened to look at the job posting, but I wonder if sometimes there is more to it.
rpmacrohon
Community Guru
4 of 8
A client can always inform the card company to stop payment. As I said, Client/Freelancers with bad intentions will always find ways.
marciamalory
Community Guru
Marcia M Member Since: Apr 3, 2013
5 of 8
Freelancers should know to not only check for verification before applying for a job but also before accepting the offer.
g_nembhard
Community Guru
Gillian Michele N Member Since: Mar 15, 2012
6 of 8
Elaine, There are unfortunately a lot of scammers around.
e_gan
Elaine G Member Since: Apr 20, 2014
7 of 8
The job was too fun to pass up! And I won't be at lost for trying to push for payment verification beforehand. Anyway i've moved on, happy with current ongoing contracts.
rpmacrohon
Community Guru
8 of 8
Definitely, but there are a lot of Freelancers that are Too eager to jump in.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS