cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

oDeskers on eLance

Chikako U Member Since: Jan 6, 2014
1 of 3
I want a direct answer from oDesk Management: When oDesker's migrate to eLance, is it a contract violation for clients to hire us at eLance if they have ever worked with us at oDesk? We don't want conflicts of interest arising because we work on both platforms. I'll post this over at eLance as well. Thanks, Chika : )
Freelancers Union
Community Guru
Dianne M Member Since: Jul 25, 2013
2 of 3
If the client and you met each other through oDesk, then yes, it could be taken as a violation of the User Agreement which binds you and the client to transact only at oDesk for a 3 year period. If the client wishes to transact with the freelancer outside of the site, then they must contact oDesk for a buyout option (a fee is involved). I want an answer too, just to be sure.

❄❄❄ Just A Forum Contributor --- This isn't against forum guidelines ❄❄❄
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
3 of 3
Hello Chika and Dianne, Chika, thank you for raising the question, it might concern many users. Dianne, thank you for your reply, and you are correct in it. Since oDesk and Elance remain independently operated sites, for clients and freelancers you meet on oDesk, the work must take place and be paid for through oDesk. Otherwise it is considered disintermediation and violation of the Terms. For more information, see our help center: https://odesk.zendesk.com/entries/23052811 Thanks again.
~ Valeria
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS