🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » one freelancer(who has Upwork account) workin...
Page options
muhammadahsan32
Community Member

one freelancer(who has Upwork account) working with a team(who doesn't have Upwork accounts)

Hope you find this in good health.

I'm an individual freelancer here and have my own Upwork account. 2 of my friends contacted me, offering their services to me, provided I showcase their talents on my profile and hand them the work, all the time also clearly mentioning to clients about this situation.

I've recently worked as a hiring manager here as a team member(with **Edited for Community Guidelines**) on a client's account, and I saw a proposal from an individual freelancer, who specifically mentioned that he and his wife will be working on it. At that time, I looked up in Upwork community and found plenty of threads ending clearly with the conclusion that multiple resources working through one freelancer account(only the account owner logs in, the team just does the work and deals with the account owner only) is okay as long as the client is aware of it, and the jobs done are fixed price.

Now, a few weeks since that lookup of mine, I am unable to find those threads. Have there been changes about that scenario? Please read and understand my whole query and then reply. Thanks.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Muhhamad,

Thanks for the questions. I'd like to confirm that subcontracting is allowed on Upwork for Fixed-Price contract only. The freelancer or the agency member is 100% responsible for the product they deliver and has to comply with all laws when they use independent contractors or employees to work on their contracts. Typically, it makes more sense to use an agency account to offer services as a team and that is what is more clear to clients. Clients may look at the profile/proposal in the scenario you proposed and be confused and may even perceive it as misleading. However, if the account owner thinks of a profile as a way to market their business, Upwork won't prohibit them from doing that. You can find more information in this thread, discussing the same topic.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Muhhamad,

Thanks for the questions. I'd like to confirm that subcontracting is allowed on Upwork for Fixed-Price contract only. The freelancer or the agency member is 100% responsible for the product they deliver and has to comply with all laws when they use independent contractors or employees to work on their contracts. Typically, it makes more sense to use an agency account to offer services as a team and that is what is more clear to clients. Clients may look at the profile/proposal in the scenario you proposed and be confused and may even perceive it as misleading. However, if the account owner thinks of a profile as a way to market their business, Upwork won't prohibit them from doing that. You can find more information in this thread, discussing the same topic.

~ Vladimir
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members