🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » opt out fee confirmation email
Page options
3b2bc74c
Community Member

opt out fee confirmation email

i was accepted to this job and had them give me proof of paying the opt out fee,i just wanted to know if this is a legitimate email adress from this website?    

**Edited for community guidelines**

4 REPLIES 4
datatraveler1
Community Member

Hi Taylor,

Something seems off here. There should not be any need for opting out or for emailing. I've never had to do that. It sounds like this is a scam.

rverang
Community Member

Taylor P wrote:

just wanted to know if this is a legitimate email adress from this website?    

**Edited for community guidelines**

No.

feed_my_eyes
Community Member

They're scamming you. The opt-out fee is thousands of dollars - sorry, but nobody is going to pay that much money to work with a brand-new freelancer that they know nothing about. (Especially one with no experience and a near-empty profile - you'll need to completely re-write your overview and add a portfolio if you want anyone to take you seriously.)

You should report this to Upwork. You're new, and you're located in the U.S., so you're going to be targetted by scammers. If you have any other doubts, come ask us in the forum again. 

JoanneP

Hi Taylor,

Could you please send me a PM with more information so I can look into this for you? You can PM me by clicking on my name. Also, I'd like to share this help article for more information about Upwork's Conversion Fee

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members