🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » orders
Page options
3dego
Community Member

orders

Hello, I have been on the upwork for several months, I pay for a subscription for 3 months. My portfolio is made at a professional level, but for all this time I received only one order and responded to 126 vacancies. My profile is made in accordance with upwork standards. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong, why am I receiving so few orders? I spent a lot of time and effort but did not receive a response, I am disappointed. What's wrong with my profile?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
roberty1y
Community Member

You need to fix the typo in the first sentence of your profile. Also, hiding your earnings probably isn't a good idea, as clients like to find out how good a freelancer is by seeing how much money they've made on the site.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
AndreaG

Hi Georgiy,

Thanks for reaching out! I've pulled a few resources that may be helpful to you. Check out these articles
to help you create a profile that stands out and improve your profile title and overview. For some great tips on writing proposals that win jobs, check out this article.

Visit our Resource Center and sign up for upcoming events and webinars to learn more about how you can boost your success on Upwork.

~Andrea
Upwork
3dego
Community Member

Hello, thanks a lot for the advice.

martina_plaschka
Community Member

It's not personal. You don't talk directly to the client. When you are in the jewellery business, you know very well that this kind of item only sells on emotion and storytelling. The same goes for selling your skills. What emotion should a potential client have when reading your profile? 

Hello, thanks a lot for the advice. I cannot objectively assess my profile, but I studied the profiles of other freelancers working in the same field with me and did not see any significant differences. But I saw that freelancers with less experience than me have success in upwork.

Definitely a good idea to research your competition, but of course that doesn't mean you can't have a better profile. It is entirely possible that the successful freelancers you see have years on you on upwork and sent hundreds of proposals, or that they have joined when there was less competition. So work on your profile and make the most of it. It is your most important marketing tool after all. 

roberty1y
Community Member

You need to fix the typo in the first sentence of your profile. Also, hiding your earnings probably isn't a good idea, as clients like to find out how good a freelancer is by seeing how much money they've made on the site.

3dego
Community Member

Thanks for fixing everything in the near future.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths