🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » overtime hours
Page options
maredbau
Community Member

overtime hours

Does my client see the screenshots from my overtime work?
He expects to work 10 hours a week and he is not interested in increasing the hours and I use time tracker. The work requires more hours. So I am wondering if he sees the screenshots of the time tracker of my overtime hours, maybe it will give him a reason to increase my hours 😞

4 REPLIES 4
petra_r
Community Member

Marija J wrote:

Does my client see the screenshots from my overtime work?
He expects to work 10 hours a week and he is not interested in increasing the hours and I use time tracker. The work requires more hours. So I am wondering if he sees the screenshots of the time tracker of my overtime hours, maybe it will give him a reason to increase my hours 😞

Why would you work unpaid hours?

When your hours are up, send a polite and cheerful note to the client that you'll resume on Monday and wish him a nice weekend.

The client could see the work diary with the extra hours, but a client seeing that you'll happily work for free is not doing you any good...

If a client has set my maximum number of hours to 10 hours per week, then that means he wants me to work only 10 hours per week.

If I choose to work more, he can see the work diary snapshots for the extra time.

But as Petra recommended, what I do is stop working and ask my client if he wants to increase the allowed number of hours or have me wait until the new week to continue working.

Here is a secret that some freelancers don't realize: MOST clients want to get their work done sooner if that is an option. So if they are given a choice, most clients will increase a freelancer's maximum allowable hours if they feel that the freelancer provides them with good value.

Preston H wrote:

Here is a secret that some freelancers don't realize: MOST clients want to get their work done sooner if that is an option. So if they are given a choice, most clients will increase a freelancer's maximum allowable hours if they feel that the freelancer provides them with good value.

Actually, most clients who change the weekly limit form the default 40 hours per week simply can't afford more. Most of the low-cost wannapreneurs fall into that category.

The OP already said that the client is not interested (or can't afford to) increase the weekly limit.

yitwail
Community Member

Petra R wrote:

The OP already said that the client is not interested (or can't afford to) increase the weekly limit.

In that case, OP might tell the client she's not interested in working over the weekly limit. Cat Wink