🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » partial refund
Page options
ahmad_03
Community Member

partial refund

Hello upwork community, i am looking for assistance in regards of partial refund i worked with client and he wants to end contract with half payment how can i refund him half amount please help

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Ahmad, 

Thank you for following up. I checked and it looks like you have a Fixed Price contract with the client you are referring to. I would like to let you know that your client has an option to realise less than the full amount on the milestone. You may want to share this help article with your client. 

Please know that you did not receive any funds for this contract so you can't send a refund. In general, you can issue a refund by following the steps below:

• Go to My Jobs › All Contracts and click the contract title. If the contract has ended, select the Include closed contracts checkbox at the top of the page.
  • Choose the Give a refund button from the (...) options menu.

You can find more information in the help article Arjay shared. Let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
ArjayM

Hi Ahmad,

You can issue a refund for a previous billing period or on a closed contract for 180 days after you received the client’s payment. Remember, once you issue a refund, you can't reverse it, and your account will reflect the refund immediately. Don't hesitate to check this help article for more details about the procedures. Let me know if there's anything else I can assist you with. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
ahmad_03
Community Member

Thankyou Arjay for responding
so  first i need to end the project with full payment and afterwards i can send back half payment to client this is how will it go?

Hi Ahmad,

You don't need to end the contract in order to issue a refund. Even when the contract is still active you can already issue a refund to your client.

~ AJ
Upwork
ahmad_03
Community Member

where can i find the option to refund half money i am unable to find that option can you share with me the steps to follow so i give him half money back and take half for myself

Hi Ahmad, 

Thank you for following up. I checked and it looks like you have a Fixed Price contract with the client you are referring to. I would like to let you know that your client has an option to realise less than the full amount on the milestone. You may want to share this help article with your client. 

Please know that you did not receive any funds for this contract so you can't send a refund. In general, you can issue a refund by following the steps below:

• Go to My Jobs › All Contracts and click the contract title. If the contract has ended, select the Include closed contracts checkbox at the top of the page.
  • Choose the Give a refund button from the (...) options menu.

You can find more information in the help article Arjay shared. Let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members