🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » paying outside upwork
Page options
romina13
Community Member

paying outside upwork

Hi! I am a new member of Upwork as a freelancer. Then they gave 20 connects which I can use for applying for a job. Then there this client offer me a job. I was so happy but then 3 weeks after he fired me. I understand that maybe because I am not very good as I am not so familiar with the task, but I tried to work so hard. Now, he wants me to pay through Paypal and I'm still waiting because he is not responding to my message. I think he blocked me on Upwork because I can't find him. Does he violate Upwork rules? Sorry for my English. Please help me. I value your feedback thank you.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
lysis10
Community Member

Romina T wrote:

thank you. I wish I could, but I can't ignore him because my work is not yet paid.:(

Oh my bad I thought you got paid. Yeah, then you probably got scammed.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
lysis10
Community Member

Just ignore him. If he fired you and closed the job, then everything is in the past now.

romina13
Community Member

thank you. I wish I could, but I can't ignore him because my work is not yet paid.:(

petra_r
Community Member

Romina T wrote:

Were you actually properly hired on Upwork? When you go to your My Jobs page -

can you see a contract? If so, and you used Upwork correctly, you'd get paid automatically...

"Where is my money?""Where is my money?"

lysis10
Community Member

Romina T wrote:

Oh my bad I thought you got paid. Yeah, then you probably got scammed.

romina13
Community Member

he did not. Anyways Thank you, ma'am, for the answer.:)

If this client pays you using PayPal, then that would be grounds for Upwork to terminate your account.

I recommend never communicating with this client again. Never again try to get paid for this project. In the future, only work when you have been officially hired with an Upwork contract.

Thank you Sir. Now, I know what to do next time. Thank you:)

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members