🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » payment and proposal
Page options
a3989514
Community Member

payment and proposal

hello, I am new at Upwork. l received a proposal and I completed the task as the client asked, 1st he asked for a sample ,after that to extend it, So i did it by 12th may. After completion of work neither he relpied nor my acount shows any contract. Please guide me what should I do?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
celgins
Community Member

Shehnaz,

I am certain you have been scammed and you will not receive a reply from this client. The task you completed was probably the finished product for the client, so the client has no reason to reply or pay you now.

Clients cannot ask for samples. Clients can ask for skills assessments as part of an interview, but the assessment should not be part of the work needed to complete the task.

I am sorry this happened to you, but without a contract in place, there is not much Upwork or anyone can do.

Since you are new to Upwork, use this thread: Top Red Flags for Scams to learn about the types of scams you might see here.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
celgins
Community Member

Shehnaz,

I am certain you have been scammed and you will not receive a reply from this client. The task you completed was probably the finished product for the client, so the client has no reason to reply or pay you now.

Clients cannot ask for samples. Clients can ask for skills assessments as part of an interview, but the assessment should not be part of the work needed to complete the task.

I am sorry this happened to you, but without a contract in place, there is not much Upwork or anyone can do.

Since you are new to Upwork, use this thread: Top Red Flags for Scams to learn about the types of scams you might see here.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members