🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: payment issues
Page options
ahsan32
Community Member

payment issues

I received the bonus from the client and its been 4 days its showing under pending and date is not showing. Any help?

2 REPLIES 2
nyrrielatienza
Community Member

Hi Ahsan, 

I checked your Overview page (Reports > Overview) and can see that the earnings you are referring to is currently in the Pending tab. This means that the money is in the 5-day security period, which will be available to be withdrawn once the security period is over.

Apologies, I stand to be corrected and Petra's correct (Thank you, btw). If the date column of the transaction shows as pending, that means that the system wasn't able to charge your client's payment method yet. If it has been 4 days as mentioned, then it is most likely that there's an issue with your client's payment method. 

So, yes. The funds will not be available after the 5 day review period, since the payment was not yet processed. The 5 day review period of the payment will start from the day the payment was processed from your client's end. Please contact the client first regarding the bonus, if the client is not responding, please let us know immediately and we'll assist you further. 

~ Riri

Riri A wrote:

Hi Ahsan, 

I checked your Overview page (Reports > Overview) and can see that the earnings you are referring to is currently in the Pending tab. This means that the money is in the 5-day security period, which will be available to be withdrawn once the security period is over.

NOT if it does not give a date in the left-hand column.

Ahsan N wrote:

its been 4 days its showing under pending and date is not showing.

If the money shows in pending, but in the left-hand column it just says "pending" rather than a date, it means the client has not paid that money yet. This is normal if it happens for up to about 24 hours as Upwork does charging runs, but this has been like it, by the sounds of it, for 4 days.

That means the client did not pay Upwork for the bonus (payment method declined)

So no, if that is the case, it will NOT be available to be withdrawn after 5 days, because there is nothing to withdraw because nothing has been paid (yet.)

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members