cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

payment of balance

l_schotkowsky
Active

My payment information says that I get paid in EUR but I live in Sweden so the double convesion from USD to EUR and then to SEK by my bank is unnecessary. How can I change to a transfer of USD so that I only have to deal with the conversion to SEK?

6 REPLIES 6
petra_r
Community Guru

@Lena S wrote:

My payment information says that I get paid in EUR but I live in Sweden so the double convesion from USD to EUR and then to SEK by my bank is unnecessary. How can I change to a transfer of USD so that I only have to deal with the conversion to SEK?

1.  Use Wire Transfer to a US Dollar account (costs $ 30 so only worth it for withdrawals of $ 700 - $ 800 or more)
  2. Use PayPal with your primary balance set to US Dollars
  3. Use Payoneer

So there is no way with direct bank transfer? 

re: "So there is no way with direct bank transfer?"

If you have a U.S. bank account, you can do a direct withdrawal to that account.

@Lena S wrote:

So there is no way with direct bank transfer? 

Wire transfer *IS* "direct bank transfer" - It actually *IS* worthwhile if you can withdraw $ 700 - $ 800 at a time AND you have a US Dollar account.

Via Payoneer you can also withdraw your funds to your bank account, the same with PayPal.

Thank you very much for all your answers but may I assume on basis of that information that there is NO way to get a Direct to Local Bank transfer (which is not the Upwork option "Wire Transfer") in USD onto a Swedish bank account, that works in SEK and not USD, where the payment is not converted to EUR first?

@Lena S wrote:

... may I assume on basis of that information that there is NO way to get a Direct to Local Bank transfer (which is not the Upwork option "Wire Transfer") in USD onto a Swedish bank account, that works in SEK and not USD, where the payment is not converted to EUR first?

You assume correctly.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS