🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » payment request
Page options
aylinbahar
Community Member

payment request

Hello, I am quite new to upwork. I had one  hourly contracted project in March  and another fixed priced one in April. It is a direct contact. I ended the project and sent payment request last week. But I haven't seen anything in my balance. My client says that he did the payment lastweek.  But I dont see any upcoming payments or working in progress in my report page. Should I do something else? or My client should release the payment by clicking a botton or something? Please advice. 

3 REPLIES 3
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Aylin,

When you submit a request for payment your client will need to approve the request so that the funds are released to your account. To learn more about how to manage your direct contracts, check out this Help Article
I also checked your account and I can see that our team is assisting you directly via ticket. If you have any additional questions, feel free to follow up here or directly on your ticket. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello,
And thank you so much for your reply. I think my client forget to approve
the request. Is there a way to send a reminder with the link?

Basically you submitted and then ended the contract. While ending the contract you actually confirmed that you understand that doing so sends the money back to the client, which is what happened. The money was returned to the client.

Don't end contracts before you have the money and it's best to not be the one who end the contract at all. Let the client do that.

The client can go to the closed contract and issue a bonus payment so you can get paid. It's an inconvenience and costs the client money as they have to pay the client fee again but there is no other way.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths