🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » payment verification link
Page options
moto1021
Community Member

payment verification link

Where do I locate the Payment Verified link to be able to send to a client is not verified yet? Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
JoanneP

Hi Hal,

When searching for jobs, you will see a note at the bottom of each post that shows if a client is payment verified or not. You can check this screenshot for reference. Please check out this help article also for more information. Thank you. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
moto1021
Community Member

Hi Joanne - Thank you for the reply!  I understand the payment verification information is located at the bottom of each job but my question is, how can I help a client become payment verified if they are posting a job I want to bid on but will not due to them not being PV'd?

I thought there was a link we could send them and recommend they initiate the process of becoming verified in order to attract more freelancers who will only bid on PV jobs.

If you haven't bid on the job yet, how are you going to contact the client to tell them to verify their payment method?

Hi Christine - Yes, I see your point. Let me rephrase: My thought was to include the link (if there is one) as a PS to the Cover Letter (Proposal). This way, if the client is new and/or has not yet realized it is recommended they become PV, they would have a link to click on to take them to that part of the process they must have missed when establishing their account. I also understand that if a client is new to the system, their PV may still be in process while they are concurrently posting jobs.

It's not a deal-breaker for me, I simply would like to assist a genuine client (as opposed to a scammer) who may have missed a step, especially if they have posted a job I'd like to follow through on.

Thanks Christine!

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members