cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

payment verification link

moto1021
Hal P Member Since: Jan 26, 2020
1 of 5

Where do I locate the Payment Verified link to be able to send to a client is not verified yet? Thanks.

tinker_bell3
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
2 of 5

Hi Hal,

When searching for jobs, you will see a note at the bottom of each post that shows if a client is payment verified or not. You can check this screenshot for reference. Please check out this help article also for more information. Thank you. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
moto1021
3 of 5

Hi Joanne - Thank you for the reply!  I understand the payment verification information is located at the bottom of each job but my question is, how can I help a client become payment verified if they are posting a job I want to bid on but will not due to them not being PV'd?

I thought there was a link we could send them and recommend they initiate the process of becoming verified in order to attract more freelancers who will only bid on PV jobs.

feed_my_eyes
Community Guru
Christine A Member Since: May 4, 2016
4 of 5
If you haven't bid on the job yet, how are you going to contact the client to tell them to verify their payment method?
moto1021
5 of 5

Hi Christine - Yes, I see your point. Let me rephrase: My thought was to include the link (if there is one) as a PS to the Cover Letter (Proposal). This way, if the client is new and/or has not yet realized it is recommended they become PV, they would have a link to click on to take them to that part of the process they must have missed when establishing their account. I also understand that if a client is new to the system, their PV may still be in process while they are concurrently posting jobs.

It's not a deal-breaker for me, I simply would like to assist a genuine client (as opposed to a scammer) who may have missed a step, especially if they have posted a job I'd like to follow through on.

Thanks Christine!

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS