🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » payment
Page options
luciovalconi
Community Member

payment

Hi, I'm new here and have a question. How can I be sure that once I have the finished project, for example an image, the client will not contact me again and not pay me for the work?

2 REPLIES 2
6e2db39c
Community Member

Since you'll be delivering the "image" from Submit Work for Payment" from here  (If it's a milestone) or from logging hours if it's an hourly contract then you will be protected by Upwork.

PradeepH

Hello Lucio,

If your client stops responding to your messages on an Hourly contract for a long period, it is best to stop the work immediately and your logged hours will be processed automatically for payment as usual. Even if your client fails to pay you for the hours invoiced, you will still be paid if you are eligible for Upwork Hourly Protection.

If this is on a Fixed price contract, you will need to make sure you have submitted your deliverable using the 'Submit work for payment' button on the active milestone. You can refer to the FAQ section of this Help page on how to submit deliverables and request to be paid. If your client fails to respond to your submission, funds will be automatically released after 14 days. If they respond but refuse the work and you believe you have completed the work according to the agreed terms, you have the option to file a dispute. You can refer to this Help page for more information.

Please read up on the freelancer resources for great tips and insights on how you can work successfully on the platform. For more information about working safely through Upwork, please read these tips for avoiding questionable jobs.

I hope this helps, and good luck!

Thank you.

Pradeep H.

Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members