🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » payment
Page options
luciovalconi
Community Member

payment

I still have a doubt. The client to whom I had sent the proposal contacted me, we wrote to each other and once done I sent him the image in our chat.
In the active proposals there was indeed this person but in the active contracts there was nothing, now this person doesn't answer me anymore. The contract was a fixed price, without milestone. What did I do wrong? Should I have asked for the amount in advance?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
NikolaS

Hi Lucio,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I would like to clarify that you were not hired for this job and shouldn't provide any work until your client sends you an offer and a contract is created under your My Jobs tab. Please check this post for the freelancer resources and tips for avoiding questionable jobs that we put together to help freelancers make decisions whether to work with a client or not. 

Please note that any request for free work is not allowed on Upwork, and it is a violation of Upwork's Terms of Service. It is always good to communicate and politely explain everything to your client to avoid any misunderstanding. You can discuss the terms of further engagement on the contract and attempt to resolve the situation amicably.

~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
df602768
Community Member

Hi Lucio,

So, you did receive a fixed-job contract from the client, right?

And then, you did submit the work, requesting payment?

If you send work only via chat, the client is not obliged to pay you.

You have to submit it through the milestone system.

Once you do so, the client will have to pay you, whether they like to or not. If they do not approve the funded milestone right away, you do not lose your money. It will be sent to you after fifteen days, automatically.

petra_r
Community Member

Lucio V wrote:

What did I do wrong?

You were never hired and won't get paid. In future, don't do any work until you have been hiredand have a contract, either hourly or properly funded fixed rate. Without a contract, the client couldn't pay you even if he wanted to.

Konstantinos A wrote:

you did receive a fixed-job contract from the client, right?
And then, you did submit the work, requesting payment?

No, he didn't. He would not have an active proposal if he had. He even STATED that he doesn't have a contract. Please stop giving wrong answers!

NikolaS

Hi Lucio,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I would like to clarify that you were not hired for this job and shouldn't provide any work until your client sends you an offer and a contract is created under your My Jobs tab. Please check this post for the freelancer resources and tips for avoiding questionable jobs that we put together to help freelancers make decisions whether to work with a client or not. 

Please note that any request for free work is not allowed on Upwork, and it is a violation of Upwork's Terms of Service. It is always good to communicate and politely explain everything to your client to avoid any misunderstanding. You can discuss the terms of further engagement on the contract and attempt to resolve the situation amicably.

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members