Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

payments

bernatdalina
Dalina B Member Since: Jun 7, 2016
1 of 22

Hi, everyone

after you completed a contract after how many days is the withdrawal done on paypal?

i cannot edit my paypal email adress yet if this continues what to do?

I started a contract on the 21 june and the end date was 24 june. i just completed the job and when i want to edit paypal email add it says 3 days for account to be active = 26 june. normal ????

nuphazemediallc
Ami B Member Since: Jun 23, 2016
BEST ANSWER
2 of 22

Yes, this is normal for all new Paypal accounts that are being added to Upwork. It has always been like this...even since it was oDesk. Your next option would be direct deposit but that would take longer for you to add.

View solution in original post

bernatdalina
3 of 22

i cannot either put an account , i ve tried to put my husband account details but as it is not my name upwork refuses to accept this payment methos, how do i get paid and what to do with the contracts accepted?,

what a shame for a big site like upwork

aocumen
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
4 of 22

Hi Dalina, 

While you wait for your Paypal to be activated, your earnings is safely stored in your Upwork account. You will be able to withdraw your earnings once the payment method is activated. 

Unfortunately, users are not allowed to add a payment method that is not under their name, which is for the security of the users of the platform. 

-Avery
Untitled
bernatdalina
5 of 22

ok bu will i really be able to edit the email address , i mean the new paypal email address?

the one on my upwork account and the one created is different.

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
6 of 22

Hi Dalina,

Email address needs to match as well, so you can either change your Upwork email or change/add the email to your PayPal account.

Untitled
bernatdalina
7 of 22

OK AND IF I ADD THE EMAIL ON PAYPAL ON WHICH PAYPAL ACCOUNT WILL THE SUM BE WITHDRAW

THANKS

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
8 of 22

@Dalina B wrote:

OK AND IF I ADD THE EMAIL ON PAYPAL ON WHICH PAYPAL ACCOUNT WILL THE SUM BE WITHDRAW

THANKS

A Paypal account can have a number of different email addresses associated with it. It is still one PayPal account.

So if you add the email address ywhich is associated with your Upwork account to your PayPal account, and verify it, your money will go from Upwork to your PayPal account via the email address you have set up on the PayPal account.

You need to think of the different email addresses that are associated with your PayPal account a bit like different roads to the account. Once your funds are ready to withdraw (Are they still in "Pending?") and the PayPal account is properly set up on both ends (the email address verified on the PayPal account and active in your Upwork account) you can hit "Get Paid" and the money will go from your Upwork account to your PayPal account via the email address that is set up on both.

bernatdalina
9 of 22

no my work end today, i already completed it yesterday, i send the work to the client to require payment, but no response since 2 days, is it normal?

no pending amount on my upwork account

im a bit lost, if i have two different paypal account with 2 differents addresses concrning the country registered ( because the old paypal acct is from mauritius where i use to live and the new one from france where i now live) , how do i modify ???

pffff upwork is too complicated, the best thing is

they could have allow me to edit paypal email address quickly but no i must wait 26 june , why, don't know, it says 24 june, then on 24 june it says 26;

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
10 of 22

Which PayPal account did you add your Upwork email address to? The Mauritius one or the French one?

Was your contract hours or fixed rate?

If fixed price:

Was it fully funded? Did you submit the work via the "Submit work and request payment" button?

Where does it show? Under "in review?" or under "work in progress?" Go to Reports

Under which tab do you see the money?

Reports.jpg

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS