Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pending state from last 6 months

kushalk157
Kushal K Member Since: Sep 21, 2016
1 of 8

Hello

I have some USD in my Upwork account and that are in pending state from 6 months and i am not sure why they are not coming in avaliable state that is something so strange happening.

even though i tried to find out live chat didnt find your EMail address didnt find i have found this forum at the end hoping this is gonna help me

Thank you

Kushal Kumar

kushalk157
2 of 8

any can tell Email address where i could complaint on upwork will be really help ful.

Thank you

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
3 of 8

@Kushal K wrote:

I have some USD in my Upwork account and that are in pending state from 6 months and i am not sure why they are not coming in avaliable state that is something so strange happening.

It means the client never paid Upwork for it.

It was bonus, correct? The client initiated the payment on the platform,  but when Upwork tried to charge the client the client's payment method failed and kept failing until the client's account was suspended.

You'll never get that money unless the client comes back and sorts it out.

atifaimran
Community Leader
Atifa T Member Since: Aug 4, 2012
4 of 8

Petra your experience and understanding of the platform is really valuable to all the community users. You advice is truly spot on.

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
5 of 8

Hi Kushal,

I'll have a look and follow up with an update soon.

Untitled
petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
6 of 8

@Vladimir G wrote:

Hi Kushal,

I'll have a look and follow up with an update soon.

Vladimir, duplicate thread here

The client's payment method is likely to have failed after initiating the payment, and kept failing, so whilst the amount shows in "Pending" it will never move to available or even to "true" pending with a date in the left column because Upwork never got the money to pass on to the OP.

It'll stay pending forever unless cancelled or (unlikely at this stage) the client comes back and pays...

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
7 of 8

Thanks for the heads-up Petra. I checked all the aspects of this payment and our team will follow up with the OP after reviewing the information.

Untitled
kushalk157
8 of 8

Thank you Vladimir for repling. and thank you so much Petra for letting me know. Vladmir i am looking forward to your reply what should i do next.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS