🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: permanent positions
Page options
moffatt-teresa
Community Member

permanent positions

What if the client wants you permanently? Do you have to get paid through UpWork forever? 

5 REPLIES 5
lysis10
Community Member

You are new. You need to be careful about scams. If this was some poorly worded "interview" off Upwork promising $50/hour and a check to get started, it's a scam.

petra_r
Community Member

Teresa M wrote:

What if the client wants you permanently? Do you have to get paid through UpWork forever? 

Only for the first 2 years and please listen to Jennifer.... Also do not, under any circumstances, have an interview outside of Upwork.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Teresa,

I was not able to locate the conversation you're referring to. Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about the  project you're referring to? I'll check that for you and advise you accordingly.

Please note that all conversations before a contract is started must be through Upwork Messages, where you can send messages, have video calls, and more. 

Make sure to check our Stay Safe series and learn more on how to work safe online:

If you see a violation of the Upwork Terms of Service, we encourage you to use Report Suspicious User Activity feature.

~ Bojan
Upwork

This has happened to me.

By the time I have worked for a client for 2 years, I have earned enough so that Upwork's fee is only 5%.

At that point, I really have no interest in changing things, and I just continue to work through Upwork.

Upwork's rules do NOT require me to continue working through the platform after 2 years with the same client. But I find working through Upwork to be convenient and I find the arrangement advantageous. So I have never actually transitioned an Upwork client OFF of Upwork, even after working for 2 or more years.

But the basic answer to the original poster's question ("Do you have to get paid through Upwork forever?") is: no.

Preston H wrote:

So I have never actually transitioned an Upwork client OFF of Upwork, even after working for 2 or more years.

Same here. Can't see the point

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members