🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » personal email
Page options
rakeshkochu
Community Member

personal email

Hello,

a client, to whom i have submitted a proposal, told me to send details directly to his email, outside upwork, is it legal, also i got a invite to send money to get a job. please help me out.

thanks......

3 REPLIES 3
petra_r
Community Member

Rakesh S wrote:

a client, to whom i have submitted a proposal, told me to send details directly to his email, outside upwork,

It violates Upwork's terms of service for you to communicate with a client via email (or in any way other than through Upwork) or send them your emaill address for the purpose of communication or email them.

Rakesh S wrote:

also i got a invite to send money to get a job.

That's (obviously) a scam. There is no job, they just want your money. Flag the job post as inappropriate. 

feed_my_eyes
Community Member

It would be a good idea for you to spend several hours improving your profile - especially writing a profile overview that's in your own words - before you send any more proposals. That will increase your chances of hearing from real clients instead of just scammers.

NikolaS

Hi Rakesh,

Please know that a real client will never ask you to give them money to start working, cash a check for them, work for free, or provide your personal information. Please note that sharing contact information before a contract has started is against Upwork’s Upwork's Terms of Service and that all communications prior to the contract starting must take place on Upwork.

I also encourage you to let us know if a TOS violation has happened by using the Flag as Inappropriate option throughout the platform. You can learn more about user reporting here.

Feel free to also check these articles to help you stay safe on Upwork:

Additionally, it looks like you also created a support ticket regarding your concern. Please allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members