🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: please give me my refund
Page options
itz_translator
Community Member

please give me my refund

I was asked to pay some security funds before taking the contracts . Then after I received my contract , my contract was cancelled . Please give me my refund . It was the support who asked me to give money , though I am a freelancer, and why does my contract was cancelled after the approval?

please help me, atleast give me refund.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Om,

I'm sorry to hear about the bad experience you've had. I would like to confirm that our team has reviewed the client you're referring to and proper actions have been taken.

In order to be eligible for our Upwork Payment Protection you will need to be hired on an official contract and fulfill the criteria required.

I would also recommend to check out this Post for more tips on how to avoid questionable jobs. And the Safety First section here to learn more about how to protect yourself. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Om,

I'm sorry to hear about the bad experience you've had. I would like to confirm that our team has reviewed the client you're referring to and proper actions have been taken.

In order to be eligible for our Upwork Payment Protection you will need to be hired on an official contract and fulfill the criteria required.

I would also recommend to check out this Post for more tips on how to avoid questionable jobs. And the Safety First section here to learn more about how to protect yourself. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

okay, thank you so much for taking the action. 

i wanted to ask if I would recieve my payment back or not?

All of these are the only proofs that I have (attached files).

Hi Om,

I would like to clarify that we can only assist with payments on Upwork. Regarding the payment you're referring to, I can suggest to reach out to your bank directly.
I would also recommend going over the resources I've shared with you to learn more about how to protect yourself and be eligible for our Upwork payment protection. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Om, you might also take a closer look at your profile and make sure it does not violate the ToS. You education should allow you to understand the ToS perfectly.

tlbp
Community Member

Om K wrote:

I was asked to pay some security funds before taking the contracts . Then after I received my contract , my contract was cancelled . Please give me my refund . It was the support who asked me to give money , though I am a freelancer, and why does my contract was cancelled after the approval?

You were scammed. Upwork support did not ask you to pay money. Whoever you paid money to has nothing to do with Upwork and you won't be getting money from Upwork to cover your loss. 

feed_my_eyes
Community Member

Om K wrote:

There's no such thing as having to pay a client a "security fund" in order to be hired. Please spend a few hours reading about how to use Upwork properly and how to avoid being scammed, or this kind of thing could happen to you again.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths