🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: please help me. this is urgent and this c...
Page options
mohamedagmiy
Community Member

please help me. this is urgent and this client made me hate my life and hate my work.

iam working on a project called for more than 3 months now, in the last 10 days, he asked me to redo all my work which take more than 50 hours and he told me that i will add 15 hours only, he said that we have another work and i need to do this for him and i did agree and did it and upload all the work for him and uploaded it to the chat and he replied that all good and all documented in chat and since we begain he told me to add only manual hours so i did add the 15 hours and now he told me he can't pay and need me to do refund and i refused and now doing dispute while i did more than the 15 hours and did everything for this client and to keep my qulaity and to keep my work but this client keep threating me and talk in a very bad way and only giving commands and treating me like iam his slave and keep threat that he will get back to upwork and refund my money while i did all the work and more for him. please check all our chats, you will see that this client needs to be removed from Upwork ASAP. he is not showing any respect to me and after i did the work now asking for dispute also please be noted all documented in chat that i did all the work and sent it to him and he said that the work is good and all delivered but i added all my work through manual hours. please assist me and read all our chat. it's all there. we had 90 hours until now and all the time he give me less than I work and deserve and get said that he know but he do that to keep me working so I agreed and he is not an easy person to talk. i worked more than 300 hour in this project and I only take 90 and all of that because of him and I agreed to just keep working and get a good review. all in chat please check our chat, you will see that this client need to be removed. please help me, this client made me hate my own life. please just read our chat you will see all of it

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

Mohamed:

I have good news for you:

You're doing it wrong.

Upwork isn't making a mistake here.

The system is not to blame.

This is all on you.

This is good, because it means that you can change your behavior, and get a different outcome next time.

YOU can decide to use Upwork in a more effective, more appropriate way, and all of these problems will go away.

More good news:

We love to talk.

And it is free to talk with us.

If you don't know what you did wrong, then ask us.

If you don't know what to do next, just ask us.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
wolfiefeeling
Community Member

(I edited the previous reply because I didn't notice it was manually added time.)

your time was manually added. This payment is not protected by upwork. That's the bad news, many fraudulent clients used this way to harm the freelancers. in the end freelancer will not only doing free work but also a bad review.

You should not accept manually added time next time. I am very sorry for it.

prestonhunter
Community Member

Mohamed:

I have good news for you:

You're doing it wrong.

Upwork isn't making a mistake here.

The system is not to blame.

This is all on you.

This is good, because it means that you can change your behavior, and get a different outcome next time.

YOU can decide to use Upwork in a more effective, more appropriate way, and all of these problems will go away.

More good news:

We love to talk.

And it is free to talk with us.

If you don't know what you did wrong, then ask us.

If you don't know what to do next, just ask us.

Hello Preston H

I have a question if I run into this situation as well where all the hours are added manually and the client ends up asking for a full refund. Is it still possible to get a full payment through dispute and arbitration?

Disputes/mediation and arbitration are for fixed-price contracts.

Not for hourly work.

If you log manual time, you will get paid.

Unless the client clicks a button to dispute your hours during the five-day review person. If the client clicks that button, then Upwork won't make him pay for those hours.

There is no freelancer-initiated dispute, no arbitration, no appeal.

wolfiefeeling
Community Member

Your mistake is that you obediently used the manually added time, which leaves you now in a situation of absolute passivity. You're going to lose last week's wages. (As Preston H said, take it as a lesson.)

Next time you have an hourly contract, make sure you have that time tracker on. Because then you will be guaranteed that you will be paid. Again, turn on the time tracker EVERYTIME!

Thank you for your reply, i learned the lesson, I accepted the refund but I see upwork made my other money on red too, why is that, he can take his money back but why it is taking my money too

Hi Mohamed, 

I'm sorry to learn about your experience on this project. To add to Preston and Weiling, manually added hours are not protected under Hourly Protection.

I can also see that you have filed a ticket for the same concern. I'll go ahead and follow it up with the team so that they can get back to you through your support ticket and assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths