cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Cannot use Video Verification or access email address

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
21 of 64

Hi Felix,

Unfortunately freelancers can't initiate the video verification process from their end. Once it is requested our team will reach out to you with detailed instructions on how to complete the short verification process. Thank you.

Untitled
Ace Contributor
Felix E.K. S Member Since: Sep 7, 2016
22 of 64

Thanks Goran, for the response.

But I would very much appreciate it if Upwork Support can contact me soon soI get that done.

Thanks

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
23 of 64

Hi Olga,

I'd like to confirm that the two verification processes you completed are indeed separate. I'll check the notification you recently received, which is related to the previous verification process you completed.

Community Guru
Olga Q Member Since: Sep 5, 2012
24 of 64

Vladimir G wrote:

Hi Olga,

I'd like to confirm that the two verification processes you completed are indeed separate. I'll check the notification you recently received, which is related to the previous verification process you completed.

Any news?

Michael W Member Since: Aug 14, 2018
25 of 64

Hi 

Why am I being asked to re-verify my identity again when my profile shows I made the call and passed the verification process a few years ago?

Thanks

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
26 of 64

re: "Why am I being asked to re-verify my identity again when my profile shows I made the call and passed the verification process a few years ago?"

Michael: A lot can happen in a few years.

Why? Who knows? Maybe just random chance. Don't worry about it.

You did it once. You remember it was an easy thing to do.

You should be glad for this, because it means Upwork is working harder than ever to make the platform better for clients, and more profitable for honest freelancers such as yourself. (They are trying to weed out the fakers and scammers.)

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
27 of 64

Hi Michael, 

I checked your account and it looks like you were able to verify your account already. As noted by the agent who assisted you, please know that this is a necessary step we take to ensure that Upwork stays a safe and secure for our community of users. 

If you have other questions regarding your account, and the verification, you can reach out to the same through the same ticket threads, and they will assist you. 

-Avery
Untitled
Ace Contributor
Gregory M Member Since: Jul 20, 2015
28 of 64

Hi, I received two video identity verification demands within 2 weeks and had to comply obviously. This starts to get rather annoying. I do travel a lot - this is what digital nomads do!
Email template creators did not even bother to check "click here" link for video verification - it leads to a generic support page. Then, of course, video functionality of Upwork does not work - never worked for me, luckily verification team suggests Google Meeting which works flawlessly.

Upwork - please get your act together and stop harassing freelancers...
--- Rant over ---

Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
29 of 64

Given the incredibly active trade in Upwork accounts underway at the moment, it's not a big surprise that location changes are triggering verification.

Ace Contributor
Gregory M Member Since: Jul 20, 2015
30 of 64

There are better ways to handle this problem - browser fingerprinting for example, and Upwork client can have access to hardware IDs of your computer. Quite a lot of people have to work using VPNs and that does not help with location stability either.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS