cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Upwork second call verification

Simona A Member Since: Apr 23, 2019
31 of 45

Hi,

I video verified my profile about 2 weeks ago, today again I received email to video verify my profile. 
I started chat and video to verify my profile with agent.
The agend asked questions and I answered. One of the questions was for my email address.
I gave him my upwork email address, but i forgot to tell him about my dropbox email address that i gave to my client in upwork message. 

I think my account now is on hold. (Can i receive invites to interview ? Can i be hired?)
Will my account be suspended? Smiley Sad

Thanks,

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
32 of 45

Hi Simona,

Rest assured, communicating outside of Upwork is not a violation and it is allowed. 
I also checked your account and would like to confirm that the verifications you`ve been asked to complete are different. 
Our team is finishing up with the review and once it is completed one of our team members will update your ticket with more details.
If you have any additional questions feel free to post them on your ticket and our team will assist you further. Thank you.

Untitled
Simona A Member Since: Apr 23, 2019
33 of 45

Thank you, Goran Smiley Happy

Jakub L Member Since: Dec 17, 2017
34 of 45

Hello,

What I would like to know is about the second call verification I received an invitation for it. 
I would like to know what is about as I had one before verifying me and that I want to understand if it is the same way or I need to expect something different? 

I just want to understand it.

Thank you for the explanation. 

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
35 of 45

Jakub:
It sounds like what you are talking about is just another video identification all.

Should be just as simple as the first one you did. Nothing new to expect.

It is very common for freelancers to be asked to do this a second time. Could just be because you were randomly selected.

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
36 of 45

Hi Jakub,

Thank you for your question. As part of our ongoing work to keep the Upwork marketplace a secure place for freelancers and clients, verification is sometimes required more than once. We do try to avoid doing this repeatedly and apologize for the inconvenience it may cause. 

Please, refer to this ticket for more information regarding the verification process. Use the link provided in the ticket and our agent will guide you through the process!

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
37 of 45

I verfied my identity a month ago, receiving an Identity Verified badge email from Upwork team dated May 8, 2019. Yet I've just been requested to re-verify my identity with a video call. If every freelancer is asked to verify their identity once a month, then I can't complain, but I dislike being interrogated by people I do not know and cannot see, and would like to know why I'm being singled out for this treatment.

38 of 45

I'm sorry you feel this way about our request to verify your profile, John. We don't target any specific freelancers or a group of freelancers when requesting verification. Verifying users' identities and continuing to do so periodically is one of the many steps we are taking to combat the issue with account selling, identify profiles that are fake or fraudulent and protect genuine users and the marketplace as a whole.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Community Guru
Scott B Member Since: Nov 20, 2015
39 of 45

Bojan S wrote:

I'm sorry you feel this way about our request to verify your profile, John. We don't target any specific freelancers or a group of freelancers when requesting verification. Verifying users' identities and continuing to do so periodically is one of the many steps we are taking to combat the issue with account selling, identify profiles that are fake or fraudulent and protect genuine users and the marketplace as a whole.

Unless you suspect someone has compromised an account, there is no excuse for verifying someone on monthly basis. Once someone is verified there should be a period of time where they are taken out of the pool for verification unless evidence or concern arises specifically. Throwing everyone back in the hat immediately after you did verification is a terrible practice. It makes no sense to re-interview someone a month later with no provication. 

Community Guru
Phyllis G Member Since: Sep 8, 2016
40 of 45

I'm very eager to hear an answer to John's question. I understand the need to aggressively monitor account authenticity. At the same time, it seems like a waste of resources to continually re-verify longtime productive FLs with general high visibility on the platorm. Why can't the random selection process include one more check, and give a pass to any account that's been re-verified in the past 120 days? Or give us a chance to obtain a meaningful "super verified" badge that allows us to bypass constant random checks? BTW, imo it's not the few minutes required to verify, it's having the account put on hold in the midst of active contracts and expected payments. C'mon, UW, treat us like the professionals you claim we are.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS