cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: You froze my account?

Community Leader
Tom Z Member Since: Jul 10, 2016
41 of 66

I've done the video verification before, got a notice today for another one... Is it an annual thing?

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
42 of 66

re: "Is it an annual thing?"

Could just be random luck of the draw.

Some people are verified, and then re-verified.

Every time this happens to you, it means that Upwork is making its platform safer and more secure for honest freelancers such as yourself.

They're trying to weed out the frauds and scammers. Which means more money for us. Because it enhances the client experience.

Community Guru
Olga Q Member Since: Sep 5, 2012
43 of 66

I would like to have an update on this, please.

Screen Shot 2019-06-14 at 11.39.28.png

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
44 of 66

Hi Olga,

Thanks for following up. I'll share more details with you in a pm.

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
45 of 66

Hi Olga,

Thanks for following up. I'll share more details with you in a pm.

Highlighted
Higgs J Member Since: Aug 9, 2019
46 of 66

I am pretty new to upwork, I am on my 2nd month that just started and am having a veriifcation call again for the second time during the 1st and 2nd milestone. Again my client is stuck waiting and I don't know what to tell them, during the booking process my client also told me she had the same thing happen before she could hire me. Im not sure what is going on

Higgs J Member Since: Aug 9, 2019
47 of 66

I can not go on to the second milestone so it has everything to do with the client and the project

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
48 of 66

Hi Higgs,

As part of our ongoing work to keep the Upwork marketplace a secure place for freelancers and clients, verification is sometimes required more than once. We do try to avoid doing this repeatedly and apologize for the inconvenience it may cause. 

Please, refer to this ticket for more information regarding the verification process, where our team already shared tips about using a device with a connected camera and microphone for the verification process. Use the link provided in the ticket and our agent will guide you through the process!

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Community Guru
Renata S Member Since: Jun 10, 2014
49 of 66

If we'vre already gone through the verification process and received a blue checkmark, do we need to reverify? I've been asked for a video verification call recently and it seems like I've already done this. 

Community Guru
Antun M Member Since: Jan 27, 2018
50 of 66

Renata S wrote:

If we'vre already gone through the verification process and received a blue checkmark, do we need to reverify? I've been asked for a video verification call recently and it seems like I've already done this. 

It happens.

Nothing to worry about. Just re-verify and continue with freelancing.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS