🐈
» Forums » Support » Uploaded a wrong image
Page options
slawomir_rewaj
Community Member

pointless re-verify

Hello,

I'm a top rated freelancer and I verified my identity last month. Now I have got the same request again.

Taking 10 minutes to do it is not a big deal, although I would prefer that Upwork respects my time rather then feeling entitled to waste it on pointless excercises.
I have passed it and it was no different then the previous one.

The bigger issue is that my account is on temporary hold and it lasts longer then 10 minutes. Upwork claims that it has up to 48 hours to release it.
I'm worried about how this is presented to the clients.

The main question is - why do Upwork even does it so often? Do you think that my identity changed within a month?

Kind regards

Slawek

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Jae Sung, 

At times, for a variety of reasons, we need to ask our users to verify their identity or other information. Please know we do try to avoid doing this repeatedly. However, as part of our ongoing work to keep the Upwork marketplace a secure place for freelancers and clients, we must reach out to users again sometimes. We apologize for the inconvenience.

To verify your identity, log into your Upwork account and click on “Settings.” In the left-hand column, choose “Identity Verification.” Follow the steps there to begin verification. For tips on correctly completing the process and details about the documents needed, click here.

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

638 REPLIES 638
jaylaurence
Community Member

Hello Upwork,
I just want to ask why i need video verification when its already done and they give me badge long time ago.

Kind Regards,
jay

Hi Jay,

Thank you for following up. As part of our ongoing work to keep the Upwork marketplace a secure place for freelancers and clients, verification is sometimes required more than once. We do try to avoid doing this repeatedly and apologize for the inconvenience it may cause. 

Please refer to this ticket for more information regarding the verification process, where our team already shared tips about using a device with a connected camera and microphone for the verification process. Use the link provided in the ticket and our agent will guide you through the process!

~ Nikola
Upwork
3e9bcb34
Community Member

Hey nikhil,

Today i also got same doubt can you tell me which document you've used for verification?

Hi Akshay,

Please refer to this ticket for more information regarding the verification process, where our team already shared tips about using a device with a connected camera and microphone for the verification process. Use the link provided in the ticket and our agent will guide you through the process!

Additionally, feel free to check out this help article for the list of acceptable documents for the verification.

~ Nikola
Upwork
chloeliu
Community Member

-solved-

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Chloe,

I apologize for the inconvenience this caused. We do try to avoid doing this repeatedly but as a part of our ongoing work to keep the Upwork marketplace a secure place for freelancers and clients, verification is sometimes required more than once. Please refer to this ticket for more information regarding this verification process. Please allow time for our team to complete the process and update you directly regarding the status of it. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
calvo_juan
Community Member

I already did this. Why am I requested to do the video call again?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Juan,

As part of our ongoing work to keep the Upwork marketplace a secure place for freelancers and clients, verification is sometimes required more than once. We do try to avoid doing this repeatedly and apologize for the inconvenience it may cause. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

I know that sometimes Upwork does this, because it's doing it already. I want to know why. I have worked several contracts successfully since my last verification.

mendez-victor
Community Member

Hi, 

I´ve been trying the whole week to get in touch with the Upwork support department, no luck so far.

All the links redirect me back to the home page, looking to complete my identity confirmation. 

Any help would be appreciated

Hi Victor,

Please refer to this ticket for more information regarding the verification process, where our team already shared tips on how to complete your verification. Use the link provided in the ticket and our agent will guide you through the process.

~ Nikola
Upwork

I can´t, every link that is supposed to take me to a support website,
redirects me back to the home page of my account. That´s my issue, the link
you provided does not work either as it is another link to a support page.

Hi Victor,

I'm sorry to hear you are not able to access the link. Can you check if you received a message from the team in the inbox of your registered email address? Typically, you would also receive an email for all open support tickets you have and you can follow up from there. Let me know if that works.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hi Luigi,

Thanks for taking the time to reply to me, no, I don´t have an open ticket. I´ve never been able to access the support site, every link, even the one I was sent, redirects me back to my job feed. Nothing seems to work, I can only assume that it´s not on my end as I´ve seen several people with same issue in the past but no solution given, only that they will be contacted through email.

Again, any link that is supposed to take me to a support.upwork website just redirects me back to my job feed.

Hi Victor,

I'm sorry to hear that you keep on facing this issue, I'll make sure to flag this for the team to review. Where you able to check if you received an email from one of our support agents? Be sure to check your spam folder in case it's not in your inbox.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Yes I did receive an email earlier but it was just about the reply from Nikola. Haven't received anything else.

would really appreciate help with this asap as my deadline for identity verification is on the 25th.

Hi Victor,

I'm sorry about the delay. The team has been working on their side for you to be able to access the ticket and follow up with them. Can you check if you're able to do it here?

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hi Nikola, 

Thanks for the link, however, it doesn´t work either, any link that is supposed to take me to a support.upwork website redirects me to my job feed, have tried everything from deleting cache and cookies to using another browser and using incognito mode, the support page shows for 1 split second and then I´m redirected back to my job feed.

anhtvc-tran
Community Member

Hello all.

I've one question. I am aksed to re-verify my identity recently.

When I had a video call, I was asked to answer some questions.

The questions were for web developers. Since I am a mobile app developer, I couldn't answer well.

2 days were passed but I didn't still get update regarding my account. My account is still hold.

What should I do for now?

Thanks for your advice.

Tran.

Hi Viet Anh,

I followed up with the team handling your case and you should be all set now. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thank you Aleksandar. It is fixed now. 🙂

Here is the proof of my identity verification.

But there is still a notification on my profile about the verification call.

I am also unable to make a verification call or chat with customer service on my ticket.

Kindly guide me what should I do now? How to resolve this issue?

Thank You!

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

ahmed_sobhy_93
Community Member

Today I got this message although my account is already verified:

"Action required: To avoid additional account restrictions, you must complete your identity verification video call with Upwork. You can initiate this call by chatting with an agent here."

And I cannot sumbit any proposals. 

Thanks,

Ahmed.

Hi Ahmed,

As part of our ongoing work to keep the Upwork marketplace a secure place for freelancers and clients, verification is sometimes required more than once. We do try to avoid doing this repeatedly and apologize for the inconvenience it may cause. 

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
adeyemsco
Community Member

Hello,
Please I uploaded a wrong image on my profile, I tried reuploading but I was told to verify my Id, please how can I change it. i already verified my account before.

Hi Olubunmi,

I'm sorry for any inconvenience this could've caused you. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
mariyamch
Community Member

Greetings,

I have completed the Account Verification Call on December 2020 and have earned a verification badge as well. But I have received Account Verification Call Notification again on my profile and now my account is currently paused, I am unable to send proposals.

Kindly guide me how should I resolve this issue?

How can I reactivate my account. 

Hi Maryam,

You can click on the hyperlink in the notification on your home page or follow the instructions on your ticket. I can also see that you have followed up on your ticket with additional information. One of our team members will update your ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

You can check that I have already done identity verification. I am unable
to contact customer service for a verification call.

Kindly guide me how should I resolve this issue?

Hi Maryam,

Please refer to your ticket that you can access Here, feel free to follow up directly there with any questions you may have and our team will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I am unable to chat with your team.

As soon as I click on my ticket. I can hardly read it for some times it then vanishes and takes me back to https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us?code=a73dac96d0a52f05836679a3484d6595 to this page. 

I am also not able to access to Get Help button. Why? 

Hi Maryam,

Our team reached out to you again via ticket and email with additional instructions. If you`re still unable to access your ticket, you can reply on the email notification that was sent to you. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
687faad3
Community Member

I signed up last night and was asked to provide ID verification, sent everything through, then I went to apply for my first job and was told Upwork could not verify my location, I sent through required documentation again this time on a longer form and thankfully within the hour was verified but I went to apply for another job and AGAIN it said it couldn't verify my ID so I cant apply for jobs- what is this???? I chose Upwork over Fiverr as I thought it would be a better quality experience but this is just outrageous- How can this be fixed, I've sent ALL required information!

Hi Sophia,

I`m sorry to hear about the bad experience you`ve had. Our team will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi there,I'm facing the ID Verification issue despite giving valid ID Proofs.

Hi Azhar,

I would recommend to update your profile photo with an image from yourself before starting your verification. To learn more about our accepted documents, check out this Guide. If you're still experiencing any problems after this, feel free to follow up here. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran,
This is the problem I'm facing while I try to upload the new profile img

**Edited for community guidelines**

Hi there, Can anyone solve this issue of mine as i'm unable to verify my identity

Hi Azhar,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths