🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: ID verification
Page options
slawomir_rewaj
Community Member

pointless re-verify

Hello,

I'm a top rated freelancer and I verified my identity last month. Now I have got the same request again.

Taking 10 minutes to do it is not a big deal, although I would prefer that Upwork respects my time rather then feeling entitled to waste it on pointless excercises.
I have passed it and it was no different then the previous one.

The bigger issue is that my account is on temporary hold and it lasts longer then 10 minutes. Upwork claims that it has up to 48 hours to release it.
I'm worried about how this is presented to the clients.

The main question is - why do Upwork even does it so often? Do you think that my identity changed within a month?

Kind regards

Slawek

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Jae Sung, 

At times, for a variety of reasons, we need to ask our users to verify their identity or other information. Please know we do try to avoid doing this repeatedly. However, as part of our ongoing work to keep the Upwork marketplace a secure place for freelancers and clients, we must reach out to users again sometimes. We apologize for the inconvenience.

To verify your identity, log into your Upwork account and click on “Settings.” In the left-hand column, choose “Identity Verification.” Follow the steps there to begin verification. For tips on correctly completing the process and details about the documents needed, click here.

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

638 REPLIES 638
2197e711
Community Member

okay, Thnks

Thanks to the Upwork Community,
My ID got aprroved.

acd683c9
Community Member

Hi,

I joined Upwork in December 2020. And just recently had one client. However, yesterday I got an email for identity verification for the 2nd time and my account is on hold.

Timeline:

• 22 December 2020, got a mail for identity verification.
  • Did the formalities by providing a valid government-issued photo ID and was on a video chat with an Upwork agent.
  • Later that day I earned a verified badge for my profile.
  • But again yesterday, 15 January 2021, I got another email to verify my identity.

Does this happen frequently? I have asked on the support thread, but I did not get any response regarding the re-verification. 

I don't mind going through re-verification again, but I need to know what was the issue for the future reference. If this was an error or did I violate Upwork's TC.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kakar,

As part of our ongoing work to keep the Upwork marketplace a secure place for freelancers and clients, verification is sometimes required more than once. We do try to avoid doing this repeatedly and apologize for the inconvenience it may cause. 

Please refer to this ticket for more information regarding the verification process. Use the link provided in the ticket and our agent will guide you through the process!

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
sheshicho
Community Member

Hello to everyone. 
I'm having a little problem when i try to send proposal. I get redirected to a new window where it says "Checking verification code" and than after 2 secounds i am redirected to a page where it says "Link has expired" (Please contact costumer support to recieve new URL. The URL will be active for 30 days).
My identification is completed.
Please help 

Hi Nikola,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
sarfaraz-usman
Community Member

Hi 
I have set up an account on upwork and I was asked to upload my government Id and do a video verification, I did that just an hour back, the agent replied me that we will get back to you in 24-48 hours,
I GOT THAT. but why I did upwork send an email to reupload the documents, while the verification is already in process, and while I was re-uploading the documents, upwork suspended my account.

Can anyone from the upwork community guide me on what is going?

Thanks

Hi Murtaza,

I checked and can see that these are two separate processes. Please refer to your latest support ticket #31242137, and continue to communicate with our team for more information about your account status.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
devmabdulrehman
Community Member

Hi! I verified my account and earned an Identity Verified badge on 7th March, After that I got notification to verify account again and I do so. Now I am getting notification again to verify account again. I am trying to verify my account but I am unable to do. I attached SS too.

Hello Muhammad,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further.

Thank you.

Pradeep H

Upwork
sharmabhi-abhi
Community Member

Hi,

I already done my 2 step Identification verification including video call as well, but agin I receive an E-mail from upwork to do verification. How many times I've to go through the same procedure?

Regards

Hi Abhishek,

While we do try and limit the number of times we ask freelancers to verify, we sometimes require verification more than once. This is part of our ongoing effort to keep the Upwork marketplace a secure place for freelancers and clients. Apologies for the inconvenience it may cause.

Please follow up on the link in the email to start the verification or go directly to Settings > Identity Verification and click on the green 'Get Started' button to start with the process. You can also check this help article for more information.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi

Thanks for your reply! I tried several times but link is not opening, it's
showing blank page.

Please help me with steps.

I'm trying to open in chrome browser from mobile.

Please help me. Also I read your article that I have to write a secret code
on blank paper and hold along with my ID. Please let me know from where I
will get this secret code?

Thanks

Hi Abhishek,

Could you please clarify what link you're referring to? I checked and it looks like you were able to submit your ID and need to complete Visual Verification. Please go to Settings > Identity Verification and click Continue, you should see an option to chat with an agent there.

If you continue to experience issues please let us know!

~Andrea
Upwork
ark03
Community Member

Hi,

No one reach out to me. I'm getting worried about banner that 2 days left to verify your identity. can you please help me? how much expected wait for me.  

Hello Abdul,

I'm pleased to inform you that your document submission has been approved now. You can proceed with the second step to complete Visual verification. Feel free to message if you need any assistance.

Thank you.

Pradeep H.

Upwork
qasim637
Community Member

I have gone through the ID verification process 10 months ago and got verified my ID including account verification. Now I want to buy connects through my verified account link, but I was asked to verify my ID again. Some of the services are also temporarily put on hold. I am not in a position for this verification right now. What's gone wrong with my earlier verification????? No 2. How many times we need to undergo the verification process???? please do the needful

Hi Muhammad,

While we do try and limit the number of times we ask freelancers to verify, we sometimes require verification more than once. This is part of our ongoing effort to keep the Upwork marketplace a secure place for freelancers and clients. Apologies for the inconvenience it may cause.

~Andrea
Upwork
hieronimw
Community Member

I wish to use my passport to verify my identity. However, I don't have a passport from the country I'm currently living in. Can I use a passport from a country different from the country tied to my Upwork account?

Hi Hieronim,

Yes, you can! Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria.

I checked and it doesn't look like you are required to complete any verification at the moment. The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification in the future.

~Andrea
Upwork
Community Member

I have been requested to verify my identity and also want to do that with my passport. 

I have a German passport issued from the German Embassy in Islamabad (Pakistan). 

The category in ID Verification under “Country Issuing ID” asks the country I'm residing in, which is currently Pakistan.

Am I supposed to select Germany or Pakistan from that particular category?

Please tell me as soon as possible.

I have only a few days left for verification.

Hi Asma,

Please add Germany as the issuing country. If you need further assistance, please let us know. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork
quantifyagency
Community Member

Hello, a while ago I got a notice to authenticate my profile, I uploaded the photos of my ID and I took a photo in real time and I got the blue check for verified.

But today I got that notice again, I uploaded again the photo of my ID but they reject it. I don't know what to do.

Has anyone had something similar happen to you, if so, what would be the solution?

You've already got instructions as I can see. Press that Get Started and they will probably request video call for verification.

Yes, I pressed and they asked me again to upload a photo of my ID. I did it and they rejected it. 😞

Try to change your photo, this one is kinda blurred. If that fails, write a ticket to support.

865b3970
Community Member

I want to re verify my identity. Is this possible?
petra_r
Community Member

Karan J wrote:
I want to re verify my identity. Is this possible?

Why would you need to reverify your identity? Have you changed your identity or are you using someone else's account?

865b3970
Community Member

No , in my government Id there was a spelling mistake and now it is been corrected so , I just want to ask do I need to do re verification or it's ok.

Hi Karan,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with the verification.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
7asobate
Community Member

Hello.

After setting up my payment method Upwork asked my to verify my ID. I have done that step before by uploading my national ID. But now I see only two options: passport and visa, which I don't have at the moment.

I would like to please verify my identity using my national ID and transfer my funds.

Hi Haitham,

You should be able to upload your government-issued ID to complete the verification, just make sure that your name and date of birth are visible. If any additional steps are needed from your end once you do that, the team will reach out to you directly to let you know. You can check this help article to learn more. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
7asobate
Community Member

Thanks for replying Luiggi.

Can I choose the "Visa" option and upload my national ID nontheless?

Hi Haitham,

You can choose any of the available options to upload your ID.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
nyomi_w
Community Member

I was updating my profile to my married last name and I was asked upload my ID. I did so and then they locked out for no reason. I uploaded the correct info. I have been using upwork and had no problems with ID, now im locked out because the system didnt read my ID correctly. This is costing me money. Fix this immediately!

Hi Nyomi,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork
nyomi_w
Community Member

I was in the middle of setting up work with a client. I don't have time to
wait. Please fix immediately.

ce97fd39
Community Member

I've got this following message :
**Edited for Community Guidelines**

I've got this message after activating my account with my national ID and my selfie

I believe the error that when i Regestired with my Google account Upwork named me Mahmoud Bucky
While my real name in my ID is Mahmoud Mohamed

I've just corrected my name in Upwork and i need help to remove those restrictions or this message please

Hi Mahmoud,

When you submit a name change request it can take up to 72 hours for the review on your request to be completed. Once you're ready feel free to click on the Get Started hyperlink word and complete the pending verification on your end. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello, I already have verfied my identity with national ID and the seflie picture

when it's asking me to reverify my identity it's giving my 2 options either a VISA or Passport and I don't have both 

So could you please help me ?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths