Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pointless re-verify

Community Guru
Reinier B Member Since: Nov 3, 2015
101 of 126

Aleksandar D wrote:

Hi Raven,

As part of our ongoing work to keep the Upwork marketplace a secure place for freelancers and clients, verification is sometimes required more than once. We do try to avoid doing this repeatedly and apologize for the inconvenience it may cause. 

Please, refer to the notification regarding the verification process. If you are experiencing any issues accessing the verification, kindly, let us know so that we can assist you further.

Thank you.

I don't have an issue with the need to check/verify people's identities; in fact, I have yet to respond to a call to verify my identity for the blue check mark.

However, it would be nice if Upwork, instead of harassing already verified freelancers to verify their identies again and again and again, allocated more resources to reminding other websites not to allow their users to violate their Terms of Service by posting videos and/or instructions on how to violate Upwork's Terms of Service.

The Aussie Voice debacle is one example of this. There are others, but all focus on illustrating ways and means to open UpWork accounts fraudulently. This is just a theory, but I have an idea that if the flood of fraudulent accounts we see every day are auto-rejected, none of us honest, upstanding UpWork users would have to undergo the various verification processes more than say, three or four times a year, because we would then all have a safe, secure, and propserous platform.  

Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
102 of 126

Reinier B wrote:

Aleksandar D wrote:

Hi Raven,

As part of our ongoing work to keep the Upwork marketplace a secure place for freelancers and clients, verification is sometimes required more than once. We do try to avoid doing this repeatedly and apologize for the inconvenience it may cause. 

Please, refer to the notification regarding the verification process. If you are experiencing any issues accessing the verification, kindly, let us know so that we can assist you further.

Thank you.

I don't have an issue with the need to check/verify people's identities; in fact, I have yet to respond to a call to verify my identity for the blue check mark.

However, it would be nice if Upwork, instead of harassing already verified freelancers to verify their identies again and again and again, allocated more resources to reminding other websites not to allow their users to violate their Terms of Service by posting videos and/or instructions on how to violate Upwork's Terms of Service.

The Aussie Voice debacle is one example of this. There are others, but all focus on illustrating ways and means to open UpWork accounts fraudulently. This is just a theory, but I have an idea that if the flood of fraudulent accounts we see every day are auto-rejected, none of us honest, upstanding UpWork users would have to undergo the various verification processes more than say, three or four times a year, because we would then all have a safe, secure, and propserous platform.  

Reinier,

You should copy/paste this to this thread:  https://community.upwork.com/t5/Coffee-Break/All-I-want-for-Christmas-from-UpWork/td-p/677920

I wonder how profiles are chosen for multiple IDVs? Is it a random algorithm? Or are profiles chosen deliberately? Hypothetical questions of course ... either way it would be nice not to bother people who so obviously don't need to be bothered, and instead bother the ones that do.

Kenny S Member Since: Dec 13, 2019
103 of 126

I have already uploaded my license proven my US identity, have been hired and paid for a completed job that was US only. Now, when I try to submit a proposal I cannot submit it, instead I get a msg to upload my license to prove my identity for a second time. This is a mistake please fix this so I can submit more proposals.

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
104 of 126

Just upload your license again. It takes five minutes.

Jamie S Member Since: May 4, 2016
105 of 126

I'm also being hassled to do this video verification for the second time in a couple of months despite already having a verified profile. Customer service is worse than useless.

I understand the rationale behind it but would like to know why I appear to be being singled out. I've worked consistently on Upwork for years with no issues. If I'm told why my account is being flagged for this then I can fix it. As it is, I have to do the call again and then what? Do it again in a few weeks? Keep doing it every few weeks?

It might only take 10 minutes but I have better things to be doing than faffing about with this needless nonsense. Honestly, it's like Upwork actually doesn't want people to use their platform at times.

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
106 of 126

Hi Jamie,

I understand your frustration with this and would like to confirm that trust and safety is our priority on Upwork. Based on various indicators freelancers may occasionally be asked to verify the information on their profiles again. Please, follow the link to connect with our team and complete your verification. Thank you.

Untitled
Mamta R Member Since: Jan 2, 2020
107 of 126

I have already verified my ID but upwork is still asking for video verification again.

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
108 of 126

re: "I have already verified my ID but upwork is still asking for video verification again"

If Upwork is asking you to do video verification, then that is fine. You can go ahead and do it.

Keep in mind that Upwork has multiple types of identity verification protocols. This might be one you haven't even done yet.

And Upwork may ask freelancers to repeat identity verification steps.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Lawrence M Member Since: Jan 16, 2020
109 of 126

I did re-verify video call with UPwork yesterday.

But I can't still submit proposals.

Do I have to wait more or ..?

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
110 of 126

Hi Lawrence,

Please allow time for our team to respond and update your ticket. You will be notified within 24-48 hours about your account status.

Thank you for your patience!

~ Bojan
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS