🐈
» Forums » Support » pointless re-verify
Page options
slawomir_rewaj
Community Member

pointless re-verify

Hello,

I'm a top rated freelancer and I verified my identity last month. Now I have got the same request again.

Taking 10 minutes to do it is not a big deal, although I would prefer that Upwork respects my time rather then feeling entitled to waste it on pointless excercises.
I have passed it and it was no different then the previous one.

The bigger issue is that my account is on temporary hold and it lasts longer then 10 minutes. Upwork claims that it has up to 48 hours to release it.
I'm worried about how this is presented to the clients.

The main question is - why do Upwork even does it so often? Do you think that my identity changed within a month?

Kind regards

Slawek

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Jae Sung, 

At times, for a variety of reasons, we need to ask our users to verify their identity or other information. Please know we do try to avoid doing this repeatedly. However, as part of our ongoing work to keep the Upwork marketplace a secure place for freelancers and clients, we must reach out to users again sometimes. We apologize for the inconvenience.

To verify your identity, log into your Upwork account and click on “Settings.” In the left-hand column, choose “Identity Verification.” Follow the steps there to begin verification. For tips on correctly completing the process and details about the documents needed, click here.

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

640 REPLIES 640
foraoneservices
Community Member

I got this message on my screen when I logged in to work today "Action required: Verify your location in order to continue winning jobs on Upwork".
My identity and phone verification has been done before, I submitted all the documents, I don't know why i am being asked again.
Now could one of the moderatore please tell me exactly , in the case of INDIA, what documents are acceptable for "location verification" so that I may submit those. 

I don't want to send a document which may be deemed "unacceptable" by the site.

A quick reply would be highly appreciated.
Bharti Sharma

Hi Bharti,

The documents we accept include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria

~Andrea
Upwork
6ea8f1cf
Community Member

Hello Upwork I just wanted to ask if I want to apply for UK jobs only I have to verify location I am in the UK in London having moved here from UKRAINE due to war and the situation there so we settled in London now with our 2 little children but when I try to apply for UK jobs only it took me to verify locatIon I have done so now just wanted to ask if that's normal. 

Hi Joseph,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Yes, this is normal. As part of our ongoing work to keep the Upwork marketplace a secure place for freelancers and clients, we occasionally reach out to users again to reverify their account information. In order to complete such verification, we ask the user to provide a valid ID document as outlined in this article.

~ AJ
Upwork
konraad2015
Community Member

When I logged on to Upwork this popped up: "Action required: Verify your location in order to continue winning jobs on Upwork"

It says my ID does not match my location. I have a residence permit that expires next week, and will only get a new one in the next 3-6 months due to the bureaucracy here. I asked support if I can use my Revolut UAB Bank statement, to verify my location, and only received a bot response, no exact answer to my question.  I also have a rental contract, but it is in Spanish.

This is the second time Upwork has asked me for verification in 2 months. Have been on this platform for 13 years since it was Elance. Very strange.

Hi Khangelani,

While we do try and limit the number of times we ask freelancers to verify, we sometimes require verification more than once. I can see that there's an agent that's already assisting you with your concern and you've replied to the support ticket you have with them. Kindly allow more time for them to follow up on your ticket since they're the ones that can assist you with this. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
ibm_luq
Community Member

Hi, how are you?

I have an issue in my account, I did change my timezone, and it shows me an alert in my Upwork page says:

Action required: Verify your location in order to continue winning jobs on Upwork. Get started.

I already upload and verify my identity on Upwork, when I click on Get started it says:
We're reviewing your ID, which can take up to 1 business day

I want to know when they will finish reviewing my ID?

I hope anyone can help me with this issue.

Thanks

Hi Ibrahim,

I've followed up with the team handling your case and they are currently reviewing your submission. Kindly allow more time for them to finish their review and get back to you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
ibm_luq
Community Member

Thank you.

ibm_luq
Community Member

Hello Luiggi R, how you doing?

I want to ask you about the status of my reviewing my submission, did they finished or not, because the alert still exists.

Thanks.

elvis_murseli
Community Member

Hello there.

I'm getting a message that my government ID doesn't match the location I added in upwork. Now I'm choosing the correct location and filling all the necessary information but the button is getting greyed out and I can't click it.

It says that if I don't verify my location I won't be able to get any job.

Can you please help. I'm really interested in starting a career in upwork?

btw I had my identity verified before, I don't know why this message showed up.

Hello Elvis. It might be a glitch in the website. Have you tried contacting Upwork Support? 

Can you tell how to contact Upwork Support?

Thanks

Hi Ibrahim,

I would be happy to help. A quick way to contact support is by clicking the "Get Support" button that shows at the bottom right corner in the Upwork Help. You will be asked what type of account you need help with and to describe your issue or questions. Please select the best option for your situation. If you’d like to speak to an agent, you can request that via the chatbot. If you have some general questions about using Upwork or are looking for advice, feel free to post here in the Community.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi Elvis,

Thanks for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. Kindly allow more time for the team to review it and get back to you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
2514afd9
Community Member

Hello Upwork
Today I received a notification on my Upwork account saying that your services are temporarily on hold.
Even when I started on Upwork, your agent verified my identity and recognized my face on the call.
Sir, I am a very diligent seller on your platform.
Please solve this problem I am very grateful thank you

Hi Ahtisham,

As part of our ongoing work to keep the Upwork marketplace a secure place for freelancers and clients, verification is sometimes required more than once. Feel free to use the Get Started link you'll see in that notification to kick off the process. 
Thanks!

~ Valeria
Upwork
lohana_savita
Community Member

Hello,  Iam  Savita Vikram. I am from Pakistan. 
I have a profile on Upwork. I am a freelancer. I already verified my account. But again Upwork gives the notification to re- verify Location.
But I have one issue so please help me. Can you please help me? How to re-verify the location. Because the option Get start is not showing, how can I do it? Please help me. I need your help.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Thank you

I alreadry verified my account. I again I receive the message from Upwork so again I do it but after that no response from upwork. Please help me.

Thanks

Please can you help me I have some issue in my upwork account..........

Hi Savita, 

Thank you for reaching out to us. On the screenshot that you've shared, there's a button that says "Verify your Location." Could you please click on that in order to proceed with your location verification? If you encounter any issues, please let us know so we can further assist you.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hello Annie

I just got a request for some reason to re-verify my location and I re-uploaded my documents. Of course my location and ip matches and matched the country in my ID
Is the issue resolved/when will it be otherwise??
I have active clients and I have to submit work today, I really hope that will not affect my proffesional image because I am a Top Rated freelancer and I always have delivered work on time. I also want to apply ASAP to some projects I checked out.

Please help asap as this is frustrating
Regards
Sergio

Hi Sergio,

Thank you for reaching out to us. As part of our ongoing work to keep the Upwork marketplace a secure place for freelancers and clients, verification is sometimes required more than once. We do try to avoid doing this repeatedly and apologize for the inconvenience it may cause. 

Please allow more time for our team to review your case. If needed they will reach out to you for additional information. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
bf81954c
Community Member

Hello, I recently moved to the UK. I don't have a British passport so how can I verify my location?

Hi Hossein,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked this for you and found a link wherein you can verify your location. Kindly login to your account and you will see a pop-up notification. Click on "Get Started" to verify your location.

759e32fa_0-1659436495811.png

~ AJ
Upwork
86424eed
Community Member

Hello,

My ID verification failed and I contacted support, however it has been 2 days now and I havent heard back from them.

Hi Brent,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having difficulties verifying your ID. I have submitted a follow-up to the team handling your case. Please allow our team time to review and you will surely get an update through this support ticket with assistance on how to complete your ID Verification.

~ Arjay
Upwork
alamzeb-khan
Community Member

Hello AJ , I am facing the same problem , Please look into my problem as well 

Thanks 

Hi Alamzeb,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience as our team is currently receiving an unusually higher volume of requests. Kindly allow us a few more days to review the documents you've submitted. Should we need more information, our team will send you an email with details on how you can complete the verification process. We appreciate your continued patience.

~ AJ
Upwork
669ea6db
Community Member

Hi! I am new to upwork and I had too many tries in uploading my ID for verification. Later, i got my ID verified but still i am unable to submit the proposals. Its 3rd day since i created a ticket to talk to customer support but no one has replied me back. I don't know what to do now.

Hi Ali,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can see that you opened a support ticket regarding this issue.  I reached out to the team assigned to your ticket and they will reach out to assist you further. Also if you wish to update the team with new information, I highly suggest that you post it on the ticket thread. Otherwise, please refrain from sending follow-ups on the same ticket thread to make sure the team assists you more efficiently.

~ AJ
Upwork
e7a8d700
Community Member

I tried to upload my government issued identification, but the system rejected it and said I had attempted too many times and locked me out. I am a real person and it is my real identification, however I have a different address now than I did when my ID was taken. I would like to reattempt to get verified to bid on jobs, but it will not give me an option and I cannot reach anyone at Upwork to help me. Any advice? Thank you!

Hi Natalie,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
aee6590c
Community Member

Hey, Upwork team, My account is approved and also get a verification badge, but when I go to settings and identity verification it says 

We're reviewing your documents and will get back to you within 1 business day.

I don't Know why its coming and when I also try to add payment method it says

Unfortunately, we were unable to process your transaction. Your account is being reviewed. We may need to verify your identity information. Please check your email for the detailed next steps. If you don’t hear back within 2 business days, please contact us.

I have been waiting for 5 days but no reply coming.

Can you please help me why i am getting these type of glitches,

I need this to done as fast as possible,

Thankyou, 

Upwork Team.

Hi Rizwan,

I can see that you recently responded to the support ticket you have with the relevant team that's currently assisting you with this. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for them to follow up with you.  

~ Luiggi
Upwork
sheekieb
Community Member

I am having a problem, whenever I select a proposal and can't even submit my information. This link is expired. Please contact customer support to receive a new URL. The URL will be active for 30 days. I was advised that a ticket would have been created but no updates since then. 

Hi Sheeka,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
289e6bfd
Community Member

Hi!

I'm new to UpWork and I needed to pass the ID Verification to start sending proposals. I uploaded one photo of my driver's license, and it didn't pass the ID verification. My account is now on a hold. I wasn't told why my driver's license photo did not pass the ID verification and there seems to be no option to resubmit. What can I do about this? Do I just need to wait for the 90 day hold period to be up?

Hi Amani,

I can see that you've already sent a request to reverify your account and a support ticket has been set up. Please allow our team time to review your account and you should be getting an update here once done.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths