🐈
» Forums » Support » pointless re-verify
Page options
slawomir_rewaj
Community Member

pointless re-verify

Hello,

I'm a top rated freelancer and I verified my identity last month. Now I have got the same request again.

Taking 10 minutes to do it is not a big deal, although I would prefer that Upwork respects my time rather then feeling entitled to waste it on pointless excercises.
I have passed it and it was no different then the previous one.

The bigger issue is that my account is on temporary hold and it lasts longer then 10 minutes. Upwork claims that it has up to 48 hours to release it.
I'm worried about how this is presented to the clients.

The main question is - why do Upwork even does it so often? Do you think that my identity changed within a month?

Kind regards

Slawek

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Jae Sung, 

At times, for a variety of reasons, we need to ask our users to verify their identity or other information. Please know we do try to avoid doing this repeatedly. However, as part of our ongoing work to keep the Upwork marketplace a secure place for freelancers and clients, we must reach out to users again sometimes. We apologize for the inconvenience.

To verify your identity, log into your Upwork account and click on “Settings.” In the left-hand column, choose “Identity Verification.” Follow the steps there to begin verification. For tips on correctly completing the process and details about the documents needed, click here.

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

638 REPLIES 638
e3aeec64
Community Member

You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID.
To verify your identity so that you can access all jobs , please contact customer support.

Not sure how to get to customer support the link in text just takes me to a blank page and then the get support bot pops up and isn't useful.

For one thing, you need to change your profile picture to an actual photo of yourself (headshot).

Hi Casey,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Christine is correct, the people you deal with on Upwork need to know that you are who you say you are, and being able to see your face is a reassuring first step. Here's a guide on how you can choose the best profile picture for your account.

I also shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
lughmani-waqas
Community Member

while trying to submit proposal i am getting following message. This link has expired Please contact customer support to receive a new URL. The URL will be active for 30 days.

Hi Waqas,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
eef22219
Community Member

Hey everyone

A couple of weeks ago I joined an agency to get started on some new work. Immediately after that, a notification came up on the homepage saying that some of my services had been temporarily put on hold because I need to verify my identity even though I did it months ago and I can still see the badge. But when I go to the identity verification menu, the name that shows up there is the name of the agency owner and I can't change it to verify my ID with my own government ID card. I left the agency but the name still shows up. I contacted Upwork support and they replied (after a week) that the name on my account had been changed (it hadn't) so I need to verify again using a secure link they sent. I did that too using both my ID card and bank statement and it said I would receive a reply in 24 hours but it has been 4 days now and still no response. Has anyone ever faced this issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hi Ghazi,

Thank you for reaching out to us. It looks like our team has reached out to you regarding this. You can access your support tickets here and respond to our team to complete your re-verification. Please know that re-verifications are part of our efforts in making sure that Upwork is safe for all users.

~ AJ
Upwork

Thanks for the reply. I understand that and have no problem with reverifying, but it's been more than 5 days and I have received no response from Upwork support even though the notification said I would receive one in 24 hours. Please escalate the issue to the support team again if you can, thank you. 

Hi Ghazi,

Apologies for the delay as our support teams are currently experiencing a higher number of contacts than usual. I have followed up with the team handling your request. Rest assured the team will address your concerns and questions in the ticket as soon as possible.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
a_ishfaq
Community Member

Hey upwork team, I recently moved to Spain and I tried to change my location.

But during the document upload step, I am unable to select my the document option of my new place "spain".

Kindly please resolve my issue so I can upload my documnt of new location.

Thanks 

Abdulrehman

Hi Abdulrehman,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
aed1a20e
Community Member

Hello Upwork 

I sincerely hope you get this message in good health.

It is to state that the notification on my Upwork account ID verification appeared on 10th November. I submitted the documents by 11th November and today is the 4th day, and I haven't heard back.

I humbly request you to kindly look into this matter.

With Love and Care

Syed Danial Ali

Hi Danial,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience as our team is currently receiving an unusually higher volume of requests. I reached out to the team to follow up on your ID verification status. Kindly allow us a few more days to review your submitted documents. Should we need more information, our team will send you an email with details on how you can complete the verification process. We appreciate your continued patience.

~ AJ
Upwork
bb52e19e
Community Member

Hello, I'm trying to register for an Upwork Name Change, and in the process of doing that, i need to upload 2 Verification Documents. The 1st part of the form goes on fine, but when i'm on the 2nd part of the form ( Additional Verification documents - See attached image ) I keep getting a "Validation Error" on the field "Date Issued" and i'm sure i've put the right format of the date. I have tried switching browsers, and incognito mode but still nothing works. Would you please look into the issue i'm encountring ? Thanks in advance !

Hi Meer,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
3d5168b0
Community Member

I've tried several times to verify my id and it locked me out. Then I got the message, that it would take 5 days to verify and review my account, but it's been longer than 5 days and there seems to be no way to contact support. If anyone is able to help me with this situation I would greatly appreciate it. 

Hi, I still can't verify my ID and its been wayyy longer than 5 days

Hi Matthew,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
71f4602b
Community Member

Hi, I am a verified freelancer with a blue tick on my profile but the thing is when I try to add a payment method after completing my tax and all required documents after which I can withdraw funds my screen is showing me this error again and again.
Since, last 1 month I dont know why upwork is asking me for verify identity again and again as I am attaching it evertime upwork asks me but after that error got out of my back now this error I come up with please help me so I can withdraw my funds asap.
Thanks.

Hi Muhammad,

~ Luiggi
Upwork
71f4602b
Community Member

I have to withdraw my funds because I am in need for that upwork is not letting me setup my payment method its showing me this error I dont know why

Unfortunately, we were unable to process your transaction. Your account is being reviewed. We may need to verify your identity information. Please check your email for the detailed next steps. If you don’t hear back within 2 business days, please contact us.
Please Fix this asap now the error which says your identity is under review error is no more but this error which I described above is not letting me setup my local bank details please fix it.
Thanks !

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here . Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Its been a month and my issues are not getting resolved when one get resolved the pther cme up I dont know what's wrong witb upwork nowadays its services are getting downgrade

e9f1a62d
Community Member

I need to send photos of my ID front and back, but on the website I can only have the front option, could someone help me how do I put the photo of the back too?

Hi Rafael,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I have escalated your concern to the team handling your case and they confirmed that you should now have the option to submit the alternate side of your ID. You can complete the process by going to Settings> Identity Verification.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Community Member

Hi there,

I just back to my country from US so I am trying to change my location.

But it says I need to verify ID which is issued by my home country. (I was verified with US ID)

How can I re-verify my ID and change my location? 

Thank you

Hi Kyungmin,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked your account and can see that you already verified your location.

To ensure our user's safety, we do re-verifications to make sure the users' accounts are updated. If you're moving to a different location for a longer period of time, we will need to verify your location by asking for a local government ID.

Please feel free to reach out if you have further questions.

~ AJ
Upwork
mkomalkhasyan
Community Member

Hi,

I got the following email from The Upwork Team:

We're sorry, but your identity document did not pass our review.

The ID you submitted does not appear to be a valid identity document.

At this time, you cannot submit proposals or work on our platform.

f you feel this determination was made in error, please contact Upwork Support.

My identity ID was not verified, but it was verified several times before
Please help me what's the issue with my ID.

Best Regards,
Mike

Hi Mkrtich,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can see that you are in correspondence with one of our agents. If you wish to update the team with new information, I highly suggest that you post it on the ticket thread. Otherwise, please refrain from creating new tickets or posting about the same thing to make sure the team assists you more efficiently.

~ AJ
Upwork
ea865c59
Community Member

I mistakenly uploaded a wrong profile picture. Now I'm getting a notification for identity verify. Please help me out. My profile picture doesn't match with my I'd card. I recently join Upwork. Please it was just by mistake please help me to change my profile picture. Or please help me to contact any Upwork agent I want to talk to them.

Hi Zain,

Thank you for reaching out. You can change your profile picture by going to your profile and clicking the pencil icon on your photo.

~ AJ
Upwork

I've tried it but it gives me this error "Please verify your identity before uploading a new profile photo."

Hi Zain,

You may proceed with the verification request. Your profile photo doesn't have to exactly match the one on your ID, but should be a photo of yourself.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
26bf83e3
Community Member

26bf83e3_0-1677945472049.png

Hi, My name is Umair ali and has recently verified my account!
Last day, I added my brother paypal to buy some connects but now I've seen a notification that is saying
"Some of your services are temporarily on hold. We would love to get you up and running again on Upwork. But first, we need you to take a few minutes to verify your identity. Click “Get Started” below to begin or “Learn More” for details", and when i click on get started to verify my account, I saw that the name for verification is of my brother whose paypal was used to link and removed also.
I don't know why this happen, please help!

Umair,

It needs to be your Paypal not your brother's. Go to Settings and update to your Paypal and follow any Support requirements. Have a great day!

In such cases, you should read the platform's terms of use, which can be found at (Help Centre), before you start your activities on UpWork

Hi Umair,

I'd like to clarify that you can use someone else's payment information as your billing method to buy Connects, as long as you're authorized to do so. In this case, the team has found to need to complete a verification process and by design, you'll see your brother's information, since that's what needs to be verified. Kindly complete the verification process as instructed.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Luiggi,

Thanks for that clarification!

Why would Upwork allow a freelancer to use another person's payment method? It would seem things would be ripe for fraud? Just curious.

Hello William,

Thanks for your question. Users can add a billing method to their account even if it's not under their name. I understand your concern about a user adding someone else's billing method to their account, which is why our team has measures in place, like the one above, to verify that they are authorized to use it. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
9f4d9564
Community Member

Hi Upwork Team! I am new on upwork and successfuly verified my identity on 16th March 2023, but before 7 hours I received an email on upwork to re-verify my identity but when I logged in to my account it shows Successfuly Verified (the new link is not opened)

9f4d9564_0-1679111873164.png9f4d9564_1-1679111900505.png

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths