Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pointless re-verify

Community Guru
Antun M Member Since: Jan 27, 2018
51 of 90

Renata S wrote:

If we'vre already gone through the verification process and received a blue checkmark, do we need to reverify? I've been asked for a video verification call recently and it seems like I've already done this. 

It happens.

Nothing to worry about. Just re-verify and continue with freelancing.

Community Guru
Mark F Member Since: Jul 10, 2018
52 of 90
This is just my curiosity did you change anything?
Community Guru
Renata S Member Since: Jun 10, 2014
53 of 90

BMark F wrote:
This is just my curiosity did you change anything?

I didn't change my profile photo or do a major overhaul of anything. That's why it surprises me that they asked. 

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
54 of 90

As far as I know, there are three DIFFERENT types of identification that freelances may be asked to do:

- verification during initial registration, such location verification based on IP address

- video interview verification

- photo ID verification

Sometimes freelancers get confused because they have already done one of these, but they are then asked to do another.

But ALSO: Freelancers may be asked to REPEAT a verification process they have already done. There may be a REASON for this. There may have been changes made or certain activity detected. Or there may be NOT REASON at all, other than being randomly selected.

That's how I understand the process. Of course I have no special access to "inside" details, and Upwork is not going to reveal all the details of their security processes.

For me, though, the take-home is to not worry about it. Being asked to do any type of verification doesn't mean I'm doing anything wrong. It's just part of Upwork's efforts to distinguish itself as the top freelance platform by offering clients the most reliable information possible about freelancers.

Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
55 of 90

Hi Renata,

Thanks for reaching out to us. As part of our ongoing work to keep the Upwork marketplace a secure place for freelancers and clients, verification is sometimes required more than once. We do try to avoid doing this repeatedly and apologize for the inconvenience it may cause. 

Please, refer to this ticket for more information regarding the verification process. Use the link provided in the ticket and our agent will guide you through the process!

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Estiak Ahmed M Member Since: Sep 26, 2019
56 of 90

Hello,

I've done video verification before. But today came the verification notification again. Why do I have to do a second video verification?

Estiak

Community Guru
Antun M Member Since: Jan 27, 2018
57 of 90

Estiak Ahmed M wrote:

Hello,

I've done video verification before. But today came the verification notification again. Why do I have to do a second video verification?

Estiak

Some people misuse the platform.

(re)Verification is one of the ways to prevent that.

Nothing to it, just (re)do verification and move on with your freelancing.

Jurij T Member Since: Oct 7, 2019
58 of 90

Hi guys

Could you please let me know why the verification blog section still exist in frontend after done video verification successfully?
I need your help

Many thanks
Jurij

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
59 of 90

Hi Jurij,

As part of our ongoing work to keep the Upwork marketplace a secure place for freelancers and clients, verification is sometimes required more than once. We do try to avoid doing this repeatedly and apologize for the inconvenience it may cause. 

Please, refer to this ticket for more information regarding the verification process, where our team already shared tips about using a device with a connected camera and microphone for the verification process. Use the link provided in the ticket and our agent will guide you through the process!

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Jurij T Member Since: Oct 7, 2019
60 of 90

I've done the call in the reuqest with Keila a few days ago. There is a chatted history in the last request.
Do i need to call with you again?

Many thanks
Jurij

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS