🐈
» Forums » Support » pointless re-verify
Page options
slawomir_rewaj
Community Member

pointless re-verify

Hello,

I'm a top rated freelancer and I verified my identity last month. Now I have got the same request again.

Taking 10 minutes to do it is not a big deal, although I would prefer that Upwork respects my time rather then feeling entitled to waste it on pointless excercises.
I have passed it and it was no different then the previous one.

The bigger issue is that my account is on temporary hold and it lasts longer then 10 minutes. Upwork claims that it has up to 48 hours to release it.
I'm worried about how this is presented to the clients.

The main question is - why do Upwork even does it so often? Do you think that my identity changed within a month?

Kind regards

Slawek

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Jae Sung, 

At times, for a variety of reasons, we need to ask our users to verify their identity or other information. Please know we do try to avoid doing this repeatedly. However, as part of our ongoing work to keep the Upwork marketplace a secure place for freelancers and clients, we must reach out to users again sometimes. We apologize for the inconvenience.

To verify your identity, log into your Upwork account and click on “Settings.” In the left-hand column, choose “Identity Verification.” Follow the steps there to begin verification. For tips on correctly completing the process and details about the documents needed, click here.

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

640 REPLIES 640
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mahmoud, 

You can check this help article for more information about the acceptable IDs for this verification process. Looks like you're required to submit only one of the IDs from the list so feel free to upload one you own.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
hubert007
Community Member

Hi, Upwork

I have updated my driver's license for ID verification, and have received an email saying "you've earned an Identity Verified badge for your profile". But when I logged in to the website, it asked me to upload an ID again. And this time it doesn't allow me to use my driver's license, all it wants is my id card or passport. My passport has expired and I don't want to upload my ID card, because it is really important, if anyone hacks the website, they can use my id card to get a loan or something without my confirmation. And I didn't see any promise or possible compensation given by the website if such things happen.

I think the driver's license is enough to verify my id. It contains all the information required by Upwork, i.e. name, address, birth, etc. Why it won't work? Why Upwork wants more privacy, even after I got the email saying "You've successfully verified your identity"?

Hi Emma,

I would like to confirm that we have several verification processes. This helps us to confirm that a user's identity is legitimate, and they are who they say they are, which keeps the marketplace safe from fraudulent users. 

I followed up with the team handling your case and you can expect an update on your support ticket very soon.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
hashimrashidy
Community Member

Hello, 

I Need help please am new in Upwork and yesterday I submit my details, uploaded ID, and Video call for verification of my account 

today I got a message these message "Congratulations! Because you've successfully verified your identity, you'll see an Identity Verified badge on your profile, starting today"

and I see my account have a blue tick that means it is already verified but the problem is that while my account is verified but still I have this notification said "Some of your services are temporarily on hold" and it needs me to verify again while still my account said verified

I don't understand why it said to verify while already verified....???

And what requires me to solve this problem....???

I attach an image that shows this message while already verified

Screenshot (322)_LI.png

Hi Rashid,

I checked and can confirm that this is a different verification process from the one you've already performed. While we do try and limit the number of times we ask freelancers to verify, we sometimes require verification more than once. This is part of our ongoing effort to keep the Upwork marketplace a secure place for freelancers and clients. Apologies for the inconvenience it may cause.

~Andrea
Upwork

Thanks but it give me option to ulpoad passport only while i don't have passport id

I have national id only so, what can you help me to this

Dear Upwork team,

I was verified my account through upload government ID which I used VOTE ID and then verify by live charting or live video and lastly, I got an email saying that 

Screenshot (323).png

After that I back to the dashboard but I got this alert that need me to verify again while already verify

Screenshot (322)_LI.jpg

So, I click to get started and it needs to upload only One method which is  PASSPORT ID while I don't have a passport ID for verification ID Badge 

Screenshot (324).png

So, for me, I don't have a PASSPORT ID please help me to verify an alternative method....???

PLEASE HELP ME TO VERIFY WITH ANOTHER METHOD

Hi RASHID,

Since this is a different verification process, feel free to upload the ID you do have. If our team needs any additional information, they will reach out to you directly and guide you further through this process.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Thanks let me try this

70f38809
Community Member

Hi all, I created my upwork account almost two weeks ago, upwork ask me for identification documents I uploaded my Identity Card picture then they said it will take about 24 to 48 hours for interview but no notification or Email for interview. How can I check when my account will be verified? How much time will it take to be verified?

Hi Muhammad,

I checked and this is a different process from the Identity Verification Badge. Rest assured that the issue with your account, which was the reason we requested you to upload ID documents, has been cleared. This is part of our ongoing effort to keep the Upwork marketplace a secure place for freelancers and clients. Apologies for the inconvenience it may cause.

~Andrea
Upwork
70f38809
Community Member

Thanks for your response, Can you tell me how much time will require for
completion to my account to be verified?
Regards
Muhammad Farhan Ali Nawaz

Muhammad,

It doesn't look like you need to verify your account yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to users of Upwork. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process. 

~Andrea
Upwork
m-atif786
Community Member

I am varify may account to send id card photo but there is no response at all of my verification.

please varify my account.

Some of your services are temporarily on hold
We would love to get you up and running again on Upwork. But first, we need you to take a few minutes to verify your identity. Click “Get Started” below to begin or “Learn More” for details. Thank you! GET STARTED or LEARN MORE

Hi Muhammad,

I checked your account and can confirm that your verification was completed. If you're experiencing any problems on your end, please share more details with me here. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
d0392ce5
Community Member

Hi! I changed my name and now I need to go through verification again? What and how do I need to do to submit new Documents?

Hi Sofja,

I checked and it looks like you already completed the verification process. Could you please clarify if you are still seeing a notification to complete verification on your end? Let us know if you need further assistance. 

You can see your verification status by going to Settings > Identity verification

Additionally, I see that you also created a support ticket regarding your concern. Please allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Upwork
833470e7
Community Member

I've already verified my account three times and I am getting sick and tired of keep uploading my ID every other week.

Does anyone know an email or phone number to call so I can report this complaint?

re: "Third time UpWork asks for my ID"

Lots of freelancers are asked to present their ID a second or third time. Or more.

It's not a big deal.

When asked, I simply show them my ID.

There are multiple types of identity verification protocols. These include being asked to do a "video interview" (which means an Upwork representative wants to see our face on live video) and being asked to show our government-issued ID.

Upwork is doing this to help YOU, to prevent anybody from stealing YOUR identity. And to make the platform more secure and trusted, so that clients like using it and return to pay you money.

re: "I've already verified my account three times and I am getting sick and tired of keep uploading my ID every other week."

It is entirely voluntary.

If you don't want to participate in Upwork's identity verification procedures, you don't need to. Ask around. You will find that most of your friends and neighbors have never shown Upwork their ID even once. Most people in the world don't do this.

re: "Does anyone know an email or phone number to call so I can report this complaint?"

You can complain about this right here in the Forum.

It is not Upwork's intention to publicize their phone numbers or email addresses.

Upwork's Customer Support is not email-centric. Nor is it phone-centric.

Moreover, you do not have a customer support issue. You have a desire to complain about or criticize how the platform works. That is VALID. You are already in the CORRECT PLACE for doing so.

MANY THINGS about Upwork have changed as a result of site users complaining about them or criticizing them or suggesting alternatives right here in the Forum.

Upwork PAYS PEOPLE to read the Forum threads and report back to upper management about complaints that site users have.

If you actually managed to contact Upwork Customer Support via phone or email to complain about this, it would accomplish nothing.

"Expert Web Developer with multifaceted skillet."

Might want to fix that? 😀

In the hands of the right person...

Don't underestimate how many different things can be made with a multifaceted skillet.

Screen Shot 2021-12-23 at 11.45.02 AM.png

Preston, that looks like a boring ol' skillet to me. Nothing multi-faceted about it. Sorry. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Michael,

As part of our ongoing work to keep the Upwork marketplace a secure place for freelancers and clients, verification is sometimes required more than once. We do try to avoid doing this repeatedly and apologize for the inconvenience it may cause.

Once you initiate the verification process our agent will follow up with you and further assist with any concerns you might have.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
112d9395
Community Member

Hi, everyone. 

I was trying to request for payment today, but I discovered that my payment was stopped because I have been asked to re-verify despite having a verified badge several months ago.

I checked this community and even had to join so that I can comment.

From my search so far, it is pretty common; so I feel better.

But, I request for the support agents to look into my case quickly as I desperately need to withdraw funds today.

Thanks in anticipation.

Hi Abdulrahman,

I shared your request with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
112d9395
Community Member

Why is Upwork trying to frustrate me? Can't this issue be resolved quickly?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

I’m sorry to hear about the inconvenience this caused, Abdulrahman.

It looks like you’re communicating with our team regarding this case on your existing ticket. Please allow time for our team to respond and update the ticket. If you have any additional questions please post them on that ticket for further assistance.

Thank you for your patience!

~ Bojan
Upwork
112d9395
Community Member

Please, transfer my request to another agent. The responses are too slow.

112d9395
Community Member

Also, I received a mail that my verification is successful; but it is not reflecting on my profile, and my account is still restricted.

3a98847d
Community Member

Dear upwork Community, 

I am working with upworking since last year and did identity verification and regularly getting the business. Today I got the message for idenetity verification again. I have no problem doing so but when I am trying to identify the get started window appears. When I click on that in the name box some person name  **Edited for community guidelines** is appearing instead of mine. When I go to my profile everything is correct there. I am attaching the images. Please let me know should I upload my id or not?
I am waiting for your response. Many thanks

Regards

Hi
Asma, I think you account is login by someone other and he try to changed the name of account for their own kind and I think you recieved the verification notice due to it. Or may bee it happened by some website issue. I recomment you to get contact with help center for support and told them for issue. 
If you already uploaded the verification documents then you do not need to send them again however upwork team will make a call with you to verify that the profile is still under your use and no one other is using your account. 
Thanks

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Asima,

Looks like you've recently added a billing method that requires you to verify that you're authorized to use it. Please submit the information our team is asking for in order to verify that owner of the billing method authorized you to use it.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
3a98847d
Community Member

Hi Bojan, 
Thank you for the reply. I added the billing method that is under my name some three months ago. I was regulalry withdrawing the amount which never cause the problem

112d9395
Community Member

The responses are too slow.

c2b9c31a
Community Member

I am having this notice from Upwork on my ID since my ID is verified but now it is telling me to verify my ID with my brother's CNIC because I used his debit card for buying connect, that time I didn't have one.
What am I supposed to do now?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Muhammad,

In order to complete this process, please go ahead and use the Get Started button from the screenshot you've shared and submit the ID required. Once you do, our team will further guide you through the process.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
f8994de2
Community Member

Hi Edoseawe,

Thank you for your message. I'll have one of our customer support agents reach out to you directly and assist you further.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork
cernoch-gloria
Community Member

Hello everyone,

I've recently signed up for Upwork and am trying to get "settled in". 

I've verified my identity via uploading my driver's license and have received a confirmation along with the check-mark (badge?) next to my profile pic. 

Now, I was trying to get started and submit a proposal when I was asked again to upload an ID for verification? Is that normal? Does every individual proposal require identification even though my profile has already been properly verified?

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thank you!

Gloria 

Hi Gloria, while we do try and limit the number of times we ask freelancers to verify, we sometimes require verification more than once. This is part of our ongoing effort to keep the Upwork marketplace a secure place for freelancers and clients. Apologies for the inconvenience it may cause.

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths