🐈
» Forums » Support » pointless re-verify
Page options
slawomir_rewaj
Community Member

pointless re-verify

Hello,

I'm a top rated freelancer and I verified my identity last month. Now I have got the same request again.

Taking 10 minutes to do it is not a big deal, although I would prefer that Upwork respects my time rather then feeling entitled to waste it on pointless excercises.
I have passed it and it was no different then the previous one.

The bigger issue is that my account is on temporary hold and it lasts longer then 10 minutes. Upwork claims that it has up to 48 hours to release it.
I'm worried about how this is presented to the clients.

The main question is - why do Upwork even does it so often? Do you think that my identity changed within a month?

Kind regards

Slawek

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Jae Sung, 

At times, for a variety of reasons, we need to ask our users to verify their identity or other information. Please know we do try to avoid doing this repeatedly. However, as part of our ongoing work to keep the Upwork marketplace a secure place for freelancers and clients, we must reach out to users again sometimes. We apologize for the inconvenience.

To verify your identity, log into your Upwork account and click on “Settings.” In the left-hand column, choose “Identity Verification.” Follow the steps there to begin verification. For tips on correctly completing the process and details about the documents needed, click here.

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

638 REPLIES 638

Hi Muhammad,

I checked, and I was unable to see the request to reverify. Could you please check again? If it still showing on your end, please let us know. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
9f4d9564
Community Member

Yes, I received this email 

9f4d9564_0-1679132717299.png

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Muhammad, 

We checked this for you and can confirm that you do not need to re-verify your account. Kindly ignore the email and let us know if you need further help with anything. 

~ Avery
Upwork
nepal_2020
Community Member

Hi there I have similar post on Freelancers location no any reply. Anyone experts can you guys please address this https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/Re-verify-your-identity-within-7-days-to-keep-your-accou... ASAP I have to go trekking this week 🙂

Hi there,

I recently (8 hours ago)  got an email with this  Screenshot 2023-03-18 at 09.36.45.png

But when I try to get started I was not able to process it further.Screenshot 2023-03-18 at 11.00.33.png Even after clearing the cookies and login again, I was able to release my fund and apply for new projects too so I am confused Do I need to verify or not?  I am happy to do verification again if needed.

Hi Bishal,

Thank you for your message. I have followed up with the team handling your account and they have confirmed that you do not need to re-verify your Upwork account. Apologies for the confusion. Enjoy your trekking! 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
f8c97f69
Community Member

hello, I see that you have been dealing with issues related to what I need. I need help. Upwork sent me a message: "Action required: re-verify your identity before 04/05/2023 UTC to continue working on Upwork."

The fact is that I am now not at the location indicated in the profile. I am on vacation in Turkey and on 04/05/2023 I will return to Georgia. I have already bought a ticket and I can provide it. i don't want to change my location to turkey because i will be back in a week. Can I not provide documents? I remind you that I can provide a ticket.

Thank you!

Hi Aleksandr,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
d286142a
Community Member

Hello,

Upwork requires me to re-verify before 1st of April, 2023. I have submitted the ID for re-verification and Upwork needs to approve the ID today, so I can complete the re-verification today, March 31st, 2023.

I NEED THE RE-VERIFICATION DONE AS FAST AS POSSIBLE TODAY.

This is very important. I need Upwork to approve the re-verification as fast as possible.

Hi Ayomide,

Thank you for your message. I see that your account is already ID verified now.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
ea1452af
Community Member

Hello. 

I need help with Location verification. 

I am Ukrainian who’s live in Batumi, Georgia. 

I was notified that have to re verificative my location again.

I’ve provided my ID and Rent bill (invoice) for the apartment. 

I’ve done it 3 times but the verification reminder is still actual. 

Moreover, after applying - posibility of the sending documents is disabled. 

But after some times it become available - that means that verification is failed. 

In that case there were no any details, why it was not verified and hove to solve it.

I’ve created 3 request for the support but they said need to wait and just put ticket to solved status. 

But the problem is actual.

Please, help me resolve this Brocken communication and help to solve verification.

Hi Artem,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork

Update: today is the last day for approving. 

After i've provided "Lease agreement" there is not approve of the location. 

I have been communicating with Support 7 days. 

I have been providing each day new and new documents and just refusing without any details. 

Moreover - support was not respondable at all. 

It's terrible situation when your business may be stucked cause there is no accepted basic verification without reason.

If here are moderators - please help with this terrible case. 

Will be appreciate for any help.

My support request: https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/requests/39727254?page=1

I need help ASAP cause it blocks my business and even i will not able to pay for the gndergaten of my son. 

Hi Artem,

I’m sorry but I won’t be able to assist you here further. Your ticket is assigned to the correct team, and they should be able to help you with your concern. I would recommend adding these to the same ticket thread so that the team has the correct information to assist you more efficiently. Please don’t hesitate to update the same ticket thread if you have further questions or concerns.

~ AJ
Upwork

Annie, appreciate you for your response. 

I've already created a ticket a few days ago and write 2 times per day about the update. 

However, from Saturday there is a silent - nobody answers. 

It's terrible situation. Maybe i need to create an external post in linkedin for making attention of the ignoring from the support team. 

I HAVE TO BE UP TOO DATE FROM TODAY
thuylinh2812
Community Member

I have been asked to verify my identity again on Upwork and I have a problem. Last year, I have uploaded my passport( I am Vietnamese) but I set my profile location to Italy because I am living in Italy with a student stay permit ( it usually lasts for 1 year and I renew every year). I saw a notification that my Id location and profile don't match so this time I uploaded my Italian student stay permit for identity verification. Only after  I uploaded my Italian student stay permit that I realize temporary Ids are not accepted. Does anyone know what will happen in my case? Will I be able to verify again? 

Thank you

I have been asked to verify my identity again on Upwork and I have a problem. Last year, I have uploaded my passport( I am Vietnamese) but I set my profile location to Italy because I am living in Italy with a student stay permit ( it usually lasts for 1 year and I renew every year). I saw a notification that my Id location and profile don't match so this time I uploaded my Italian student stay permit for identity verification. Only after  I uploaded my Italian student stay permit that I realize temporary Ids are not accepted.  What will happen in my case? Will I be able to verify again? Or my account will be suspended?

Thank you

Hi Thuy,

Certainly! Please allow the team to review your submission and they will reach out to you directly if any further clarification is needed. 

~Andrea
Upwork
5a212404
Community Member

Hello, dear support team.
I have fully verified including visual verification on 31th of March, and got verification badge on profile as well. But today, I got mail to reverify my id and video verification , so I clicked to get started button on mail, then it opens fully verified status page of my account. I have attached screenshot of mail and the page when I click the get started button on mail for your getter understanding.

Why I have to reverify my profile though I got fully verified and got verification badge, so this is something weired.
and guide me how to do it if I have to do for sure because I cant find the pending verification option.

Thanks again.

Nico.

I've got an email from upwork to re-verify my  id, and I was going to submit my id documents with the given link.

But there's no way to submit them. it just says that I verified my id on 2022-07-01. 

Much appreciated if anyone could help me to resolve this issue asap.

Hi John,

Thank you for your message. Apologies for the confusion caused due to inadvertent communication sent to you. I have checked with the relevant team and they have confirmed that you do not need to reverify your account.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Thanks Pradeep

Hi Nico,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ AJ
Upwork
5a212404
Community Member

Thanks but I cant acces that page due to zendesk login, let me know how to access, I tried my username or mail and password , but still not accessing, you can just resolve my this reverification problem now if possible, so that I can go on working, thanks.

Hi Nico,

Have you tried clearing your browser’s cookies or using a different browser? After doing so, log in to your account and check your support tickets here. You may also go to your account and go to Disputes.

759e32fa_0-1680470220495.png

If the issue still persists, could you please share the following information so that we can forward it to our team to be investigated further?

• Browser/s used
  • Browser version
  • Machine’s OS
  • Machine’s OS version
  • Screengrab of the issue
  • Additional details that may help us/the team investigate your concern better

~ AJ
Upwork
chef-charbel
Community Member

i've been on upwork for quite some time and already did an ID Verification. now they are asking for a verification again with proof of where i reside, the problem that i have a work visa to Australia and reside there permenantly but i travel a lot for consultancy gigs, example now i'm in the gulf area. how can i prove that?

Hi Charbel,

Thank you for your message. If you are traveling and moving to a new location for a temporary period, you do not need to update your address. Feel free to submit the request documents for your original location and our team will reach out to you if they need further clarification. 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

i uploaded my passport page by mistake, where i should've uploaded my visa grant, can i upload again after the team verification finishes or that's it?

Hi Charbel,

Please allow some time for the team to review your submission and they'll reach out to you directly if ay clarification is needed.

~Andrea
Upwork

Andrea;

i uploaded my "AU visa grant" where I'm permanently residing and still, they asked me to change my location as per my passport. In 2 weeks I'm changing countries again for another consultancy gig, and after that in 1 month am changing again, I don't understand the logic if every time I receive a gig I have to travel, I'm obliged to change my country. what should I do now?

sofija28
Community Member

Hello. I got a message that Upwork needs my (once verified) identity verification again but also that I need to change my location to be in line with ID issuing country. I am Montenegrin but now in Serbia. I set my location in the Upwork profile back to Montenegro. Would it be OK - I will of course upload my ID and everything needed.

Hi Sofija,

Please upload your documents and the team will reach out to you directly if any clarification is needed. That said, as a general rule, your profile location should be accurate to where you live. 

~Andrea
Upwork
terzicmilos
Community Member

Hi,
I am a Montenegrin currently living in Serbia. Since my ID is issued by Montenegro, I'm asked to verify my location in Serbia. I have a rental agreement from my landlord from 2021, because I've been living in the same apartment since then, but the instructions say that the document should not be older than 6 months. I have no other documents to confirm my location except for the utility bill that also has the same address as in the rental agreement which is from March 2023 (the latest bill). I have already submitted a support ticket, but since this is a time sensitive matter I'd appreciate some input about what I can do to prove my location. Thank you in advance

Hi,
I am a Montenegrin currently living in Serbia. Since my ID is issued by Montenegro, I'm asked to verify my location in Serbia. I have a rental agreement from my landlord from 2021, because I've been living in the same apartment since then, but the instructions say that the document should not be older than 6 months. I have no other documents to confirm my location except for the utility bill that also has the same address as in the rental agreement which is from March 2023 (the latest bill). I have already submitted a support ticket, but since this is a time sensitive matter I'd appreciate some input about what I can do to prove my location. Thank you in advance

Hi Milos,

~Andrea
Upwork
simonerainieri
Community Member

Hi,

I received the notification that I need to prove that I live in London (as I have been for a couple of years now). Clearly, my ID and passport are Italian. I submitted my Revolut bank statement (I only have Paypal and online banks) and they did not accept that. I now submitted my lease agreeement and hope they can verify that I live there.  The issue is that if they don't accept that either, they are going to close my account. I do not receive bills as they are covered by my rent. I really don't know how can I prove that I live in the UK? Is there any way to solve this?

Hi Simone,

I can see you were able to reply to your support ticket with our team. Please continue to communicate with the team regarding your verification as they are the ones who can best assist you.

~Andrea
Upwork
7890328d
Community Member

This is still a bit confusing to me.  I have had nothing but a 100% JSS from the beginning, have taken on no new additional work in the last couple of weeks, and suddenly my score drops to 92% for no apparent reason.  There have been no new reviews or client feedback to affect this.  

Why would my JSS not remain at 100% if there have been no changes to affect it?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths