🐈
» Forums » Support » pointless re-verify
Page options
slawomir_rewaj
Community Member

pointless re-verify

Hello,

I'm a top rated freelancer and I verified my identity last month. Now I have got the same request again.

Taking 10 minutes to do it is not a big deal, although I would prefer that Upwork respects my time rather then feeling entitled to waste it on pointless excercises.
I have passed it and it was no different then the previous one.

The bigger issue is that my account is on temporary hold and it lasts longer then 10 minutes. Upwork claims that it has up to 48 hours to release it.
I'm worried about how this is presented to the clients.

The main question is - why do Upwork even does it so often? Do you think that my identity changed within a month?

Kind regards

Slawek

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Jae Sung, 

At times, for a variety of reasons, we need to ask our users to verify their identity or other information. Please know we do try to avoid doing this repeatedly. However, as part of our ongoing work to keep the Upwork marketplace a secure place for freelancers and clients, we must reach out to users again sometimes. We apologize for the inconvenience.

To verify your identity, log into your Upwork account and click on “Settings.” In the left-hand column, choose “Identity Verification.” Follow the steps there to begin verification. For tips on correctly completing the process and details about the documents needed, click here.

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

638 REPLIES 638
preshahiqbal
Community Member

Hi Zain,

At times, for a variety of reasons, we need to ask our users to verify their identity or other information. Please know we do try to avoid doing this repeatedly. However, as part of our ongoing work to keep the Upwork marketplace a secure place for freelancers and clients, we must reach out to users again sometimes.

I can see that you have a support ticket related to this case. Please feel free to update the ticket if you have further questions or concerns so our support team can assist you more efficiently.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi Zain,

Thank you for submitting the documents. I see that you're also communicating with the relevant team via a support ticket regarding your concern. I have also followed up with the team handling your request. One of our team members will review your submission and update you as soon as possible. You can access your support tickets here. Please don't hesitate to follow up with the team directly on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

- Pradeep

Upwork
5466261a
Community Member

Why does my account continue to face restrictions repeatedly, even though I have verified my identity three times? Each time this happens, my account is reset, and all my proposals are archived, including those that are currently active with clients. I find this situation to be unacceptable. I insist my account restored to the state it was in before and give me credits wasted due to Upwork error/bug

Here's what is visible to me on the jobs for which I've sent proposals: "Withdrawn: Job application is cancelled by Upwork"

Hi Ghulam,

We understand you may have verified your identity in the past. We ask freelancers to re-verify because periodic checks ensure that their accounts continue to reflect accurate information.

This process is made by design. However, I checked and confirmed that there's no restriction on your account, and you can continue submitting proposals to potential clients as usual.

We aim to make this process as seamless as possible, and thank you for contributing to keeping Upwork a professional and safe community.

~ Arjay
Upwork
5466261a
Community Member

Hello Arjay, 

I'm facing a challenging situation where, even after completing identity verification four times, my proposals are consistently being archived whenever I receive a verification notification. This repetitive issue is leading to unnecessary consumption of my time, efforts, and the connects used for job proposals. It's increasingly disruptive and requires prompt resolution.

My concern is regarding Upwork's process of moving my proposals to the archive each time I receive an account verification notification. Why should I incur the expense of connects due to Upwork's inefficient workflows?

I experienced the same thing on Upwork when investigating a fraudulent client. I got suspended during the process, lost my connects, and the interviews I had at that time. That needs improvement; it's a downside of Upwork.

5466261a
Community Member

My concern is regarding Upwork's process of moving my proposals to the archive each time I receive an account verification notification. Why should I incur the expense of connects due to Upwork's inefficient workflows?

0c5f684c
Community Member

Hello,

Please, I need assistance here. I completed my sign-up and account verification process via video, but I still get an error "Action required: Verify your identity to build trust and connect with freelancers. Get started." when I try to post a job.
Please assist as everything in the "Identity verification" section of my settings shows that I am good to go.

Please see the attached screenshots.

Thank you.

Contact Support and open a ticket with the chatbot.

I did that, still no answer.

You did video verification but you have no DP and you are trying to post a job not apply for one. Your account was probably flagged.

Hi Temi,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork

I have tried everything but just not smiling
2f00dcac
Community Member

I am trying to apply for assignment and when I click on 'apply now 'button its shows gray instead of green.please help

Hi Daniel,

I checked your account, and our team has requested that you complete the verification process. Please accomplish this by clicking on the 'Get Started' option on the notification banner you'll see upon logging into your account. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
9aae2d63
Community Member

After client got suspended during hourly contract, now upwork wants me to re verify my identity. Why this happen? means they not beleive that i am the same person who verified first time?

Help Please

Hi Violet,

While we try to limit the number of times we ask users to verify their identity, we sometimes need to ask again. This practice is just one part of our efforts to help keep Upwork safe. Please note that in the future, we may ask you to verify your identity again as part of our ongoing effort to keep Upwork secure and fraud-free.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
62b9aa45
Community Member

I connected my best friend's Payoneer accounts with my work ID. I tried to withdraw money from my account through my friend Payoneer account. I received an email from Upwork Saying My Payment has been declined and Upwork has to verify your friend's Payoneer account. I have removed My friend's Payoneer account, and Upwork is Still demanding My friend's verification. Please tell me how I can resolve this issue and get full control of my account.

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for reaching out and bringing this to our attention. It's important to know that you must use your own registered and verified Payoneer account when trying to add it to your Upwork account as a payment method.

I can see that you reached out and raised a ticket about your account concerns. Please allow our team time and you will get an update on this page with further assistance once your case is thoroughly reviewed. 

~ Arjay
Upwork

Hello Upwork Team,

It's been two days since I Opened a ticket for the following Issue: [I connected my best friend's Payoneer accounts with my work ID. I tried to withdraw money from my account through my friend's Payoneer account. I received an email from Upwork Saying My Payment has been declined and Upwork has to verify your friend's Payoneer account. I have removed My friend's Payoneer account, and Upwork Still demands My friend's verification. Please tell me how I can resolve this issue and get full control of my account]. Some of my account services are on hold! I'm not able to add a payment method. It's frustrating me. I haven't received any useful help from the Upwork help centre. Is there anyone to help me with this issue?

Thanks

Hi Muhammad,

We understand how you want this issue with your account resolved immediately. I looked closer at your case and confirmed that it's been forwarded to the appropriate team for further review. As mentioned by the support team member handling your concern, you will get an update as soon as your case is thoroughly reviewed.

We seek your patience and utmost understanding while we sort this out for you.

~ Arjay
Upwork
2415b029
Community Member

Hello.
My account was suspended 2 days ago and I contacted upwork support team.
So The support team sent me verification link and I try to verify account today.

There is no problem with ID documents.
But I don't have any billing documents shows my Name ,address , Credit card number on one paper.
That is because I am still a student and I am under my father responsibility.

I have a my house billing document but there is only house owner name not my name on it.
Team told me I have to verify account in 5 days but I don't really have any billing documents which shows my name address and credit card number on one paper.

Please help me to verify my account and I will hand in any kind of verification requirements upwork asks.

Thank you Upwork Team.
Thomas

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I can see that you've replied with this information to the team via your support ticket with them. As soon as the next available agent gets your ticket in their queue, they'll contact you to assist you further.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
2415b029
Community Member

Thank you Luiggi.
I appreciate your support.
I anticipate that time.

f3c807b1
Community Member

No

3488d888
Community Member

I have started working on the upwork from tomorrow. I am having very issues with my work on upwork in this short time. They suspend my financial account or again and again ask me to verify identity as i have done successfully many times. Kindly i request the team to solve this problem and not to do this again. I shall be very grateful to in this regard 🙏🙏

Hi Muhammad Ahmad,

I can see that one of our agents has already contacted you. You can access the ticket by logging in to your Upwork account and going here.

~ Joanne
Upwork
def2bad1
Community Member

Upwork keeps asking me for uploading my ID. 

The first time last night (after archiving all my proposals). I uploaded it, took the selfie and it was automatically approved.

All good, I resumbitted all my proposals. After a few hours, my proposal were archived again and another request for uploading my ID came without any explaination.

I don't know what exactly to do, plus, I can't reach out to any Customer Support agent.

Hello Fabio,

I'm sorry for any confusion that may have caused you. I've escalated your concern to the relevant team and can confirm that your verification has been successfully completed.

Regarding your proposals, we've escalated your Community post via a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist you further with this.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
a8f708a5
Community Member

I can't verify my account, each time it says an expired ID but my passport will expire in 2031 , so what should I do ?

Hi Seif,

I see that the team has reached out with more information about the status of your ID Verification and further instructions on resolving the issue. You may visit your ticket here or email and coordinate with the team; they'll gladly assist.

You may also review this help article for acceptable documents and best practices when submitting your ID for review.

~ Arjay
Upwork
811916a5
Community Member

Hi, i keep getting an error message whenever i try uploading the image of my document for the identity verification. I've tried it more than five times already, still experiencing the same issue. Please, is there any solution to this?

Victory,

Click the above Support link with an attachment of the issue.

Hi Victory,

Could you please try again after clearing your cache and cookies or using a different browser? If the issue persists, please let us know. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
a89e72cb
Community Member

Hello Upwork Community and Support Team,

I hope this message finds you well. I'm reaching out to seek assistance regarding an issue I recently encountered as a new member of the Upwork platform. As part of my initial journey, I eagerly submitted proposals to potential projects, utilizing my connects in the process. However, I was unaware of the immediate need for identity verification on the platform.

Subsequently, my proposals were automatically withdrawn, and I noticed that the connects used for these proposals have not been returned to my account. The automatic withdrawal coincided with the period during which I was in the process of verifying my identity, a requirement I was not fully aware of as a newcomer.

Understanding the importance of security and trust within the Upwork community, I have since completed the identity verification process. Now, I am reaching out to inquire about the possibility of having my connects returned, considering they were spent on proposals that were withdrawn due to the verification status at that time.

Could anyone please advise on the following:

1. Is it standard procedure for connects not to be returned under these circumstances?
  2. Following successful verification, is there a possibility for the connects to be reinstated, given the unique situation?

Any guidance, advice, or steps I should take next would be greatly appreciated. I am committed to being an active and verified member of this platform and look forward to contributing positively to the Upwork community.

Thank you for your time and understanding.

Warm regards,

Sathursan.K

Hi Deva,

I checked your account and saw that you have been requested to complete the verification process. Upon logging into your account, please complete this step by clicking on the 'Get Started' option on the notification banner. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths